Declining an upgrade

Frontera2

Well, the upgrade fairy has paid us another visit.

We've now been moved to cabin C305.

Hope we won't be dissapointed!

Hi. I have just been reading through all of these post ,so you where upgraded again even though you refused the first offer?

We were on Azura in September and had originally booked a c-deck midship balcony cabin then someone on our roll call had to cancel so I jumped in and got their aft cabin. To us, they are the best cabins on the ship: we love the view to Port and starboard, the privacy and the balconies are huge - as big as those on C deck, particularly those on the corners. In P&O terms this was a downgrade so we even got extra OBC as a refund.

How did you "jump in" did you phone p&o and were they ok about doing that?

We have today got an email telling us we have been upgraded....from cabin D236 to D303, across the corridor!! Only difference is it's DA instead of DC and when I rang to ask what's the difference, I was told 303 is mid ships......the agent told me we couldn't decline it, but as it's more or less the same I'm not bothered. Any thoughts? Pretty flimsy excuse for an upgrade given how close these two are !!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have today got an email telling us we have been upgraded....from cabin D236 to D303, across the corridor!! Only difference is it's DA instead of DC and when I rang to ask what's the difference, I was told 303 is mid ships......the agent told me we couldn't decline it, but as it's more or less the same I'm not bothered. Any thoughts? Pretty flimsy excuse for an upgrade given how close these two are !!

Well done but I wonder why they do little moves like that?

Is it the Azura your going on ? If it is the cabin (d303) you now have looks like it may have a double sofa bed as well as your bed. If that's true you now have a cabin that p&o could have sold for 4 guest. ( correct me if I'm wrong)

Yes, meant to say Azura....we stayed in D236 on our mini cruise in 2012 and liked it so decided to book it for our two weeker in May. We thought that had a double sofa bed in it too, it definitely had a sofa.....

We have had e mail today saying we have been given an upgrade, we are booked on Azura we booked cabin L210 and the upgrade is to cabin A610, we don't think this is much of an upgrade if any. Any thoughts please.

Hi the cabin you have now been given is midship.the balcony cabin you had before was a shaded balcony so i think its a nice upgrade.

When are you going and was it a select, early saver or saver fare?

Hi it was a saver fare booked early jean, going in May. We have turned it down still don't think it's much of an upgrade don't really want to be opposite the laundry room anyway. Never been on the Azura so we just picked a cabin and are going to stay with it - if it's wrong then it's our fault won't be able to blame P&O.

The cabin I was originally in was D734 and have been moved to C305.

Had a conversation with a very "snooty" person from P&O yesterday. I stated that I didn't see moving from one cabin to another in the same cabin "type" as any kind of upgrade at all. After all saying midship is better is subjective as people have their different preferences.

When I was chastised again for not ticking the "no upgrade" box I explained that I'd be happy to have an upgrade to a different cabin "type" but just didn't want to move location. When booking with P&O online there's no option to select anything like this, it's either "Yes I'll accept an upgrade" or "No I Won't"

She then went on to state that upgrades cannot be refused and that we "wouldn't normally be having this conversation at al" but it's only because I'd sent it in via email.

I won't let it spoil our holiday, but it does seem a bit customer unfriendly to move people who don't want to be moved unless it's something better.

I had no problem with declining the upgrade, in fact the customer service team were really helpful. Like I said we booked the cabin we wanted early if we wanted to go midship we would have booked one then, in my opinion it was not much of an upgrade I would never have picked a cabin right opposite the laundr room.

I am really surprised they allowed anyone to decline an upgrade.

I was upgraded to mid ship on A deck and I would advise anyone on Ventura or Azura not to book these cabins as there is a constant noise from the funnels 24 hours a day.

I am convinced we were given this cabin as no one else wanted it.

I am really surprised they allowed anyone to decline an upgrade.

I was upgraded to mid ship on A deck and I would advise anyone on Ventura or Azura not to book these cabins as there is a constant noise from the funnels 24 hours a day.

I am convinced we were given this cabin as no one else wanted it.

Can you remember what the cabin number was. And was it an inside or balcony?

Hi it was a saver fare booked early jean, going in May. We have turned it down still don't think it's much of an upgrade don't really want to be opposite the laundry room anyway. Never been on the Azura so we just picked a cabin and are going to stay with it - if it's wrong then it's our fault won't be able to blame P&O.

Hi. I thought saver fare couldn't do anything once its booked.

Asda it was A533 inside cabin and I am quite sure the cabins around us could hear the noise too.

I Think that white space just aft of your cabin contains the exhaust uptakes. There was a topic on the subject some time ago.

As P&O know about the noise/vibration issues you might think they would have the cabins concerned in a lower category. Not so!. If they did people would ask why they were in a lower grade. The cabins would be very difficult to sell. So they settle for upsetting a few passengers every cruise :mad:

I Think that white space just aft of your cabin contains the exhaust uptakes. There was a topic on the subject some time ago.

As P&O know about the noise/vibration issues you might think they would have the cabins concerned in a lower category. Not so!. If they did people would ask why they were in a lower grade. The cabins would be very difficult to sell. So they settle for upsetting a few passengers every cruise :mad:

Oh and they decide to upgrade me to one of them and let me think they are doing me a big favour. It was part of the Vantage fare and I was upgraded from NC to NA when the price dropped. What a joke. I won't get caught out like that again.:confused: I really wish we had complained at the time but just had an extra glass of wine to help us sleep.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the information Dave.:cool:

I am off to have a look at Aurora deck plan as I am on an early saver at the end of May. I haven't been allocated my cabin yet. I am hoping there isn't the same problem on there. I have booked NC inside again, which is aft or fore. So heres hoping I don't get 'upgraded' to mid again.:mad:

The cabin I was originally in was D734 and have been moved to C305.

Had a conversation with a very "snooty" person from P&O yesterday. I stated that I didn't see moving from one cabin to another in the same cabin "type" as any kind of upgrade at all. After all saying midship is better is subjective as people have their different preferences.

When I was chastised again for not ticking the "no upgrade" box I explained that I'd be happy to have an upgrade to a different cabin "type" but just didn't want to move location. When booking with P&O online there's no option to select anything like this, it's either "Yes I'll accept an upgrade" or "No I Won't"

She then went on to state that upgrades cannot be refused and that we "wouldn't normally be having this conversation at al" but it's only because I'd sent it in via email.

I won't let it spoil our holiday, but it does seem a bit customer unfriendly to move people who don't want to be moved unless it's something better.

Hopefully, you read my post earlier and please do not let it spoil your holiday. I had the same reaction you did, as we specifically picked our cabin, having been on The Azura before and loved the postion of it at the Aft. Being moved 6 doors down (mid ship) was deemed as an upgrade but as you say, thats very subjective.

Apart from the fact if you like a particular location, whether thats forward or aft, your absolutley fine where you are and C deck cabins with the big balconies are fantastic.

Just rememeber like me to tick the box next time!! :D:D

I wonder why they do move guest to a cabin a few doors down , aft to mid and for to mid. Do you think it's because they have booked a select fare and this is p&o saying they have given all select customers upgrades.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I do not think they will like being messed about a second time. C deck balconies in the middle are possibly the best ordinary cabins on the ship as the balconies are very big and give you sun and shade. They are at least double the size of any other balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree - if you like balcony and do not want the expense of a suite - midships C deck cabins are great!

We've just booked Britannia for next year and booked an aft cabin with a large size balcony - sun and shade. It is exactly what we want. A few days after booking we remembered that there had been no option to tick a box saying 'no upgrades' so phoned P&O direct and they have made a note of it for us.

It would be so much easier if this facility was available when you booked like it used to be.

We always book early to get the cabin we want to have so the last thing we'd want is an 'upgrade'.