How would the Vision be for our young family?

I found a great price with the ongoing sale for the Vision of the Seas for a full week vacation for our family including our three young boys (6, 8, 9). I am SO tempted to book based on the prices I'm finding but I'm wondering if the ship would keep my boys occupied?

We'd be sailing during a time that the kids are usually in school so I'm concerned about there not being enough to keep them busy.

With the Vision being a smaller ship and as you will be travelling during term time, you may find it a little quiet for your boys,

Royal do have excellent kids clubs but if I was you I would have a look for a bigger ship - more to do and more friends to make.

Pete

I found a great price with the ongoing sale for the Vision of the Seas for a full week vacation for our family including our three young boys (6, 8, 9). I am SO tempted to book based on the prices I'm finding but I'm wondering if the ship would keep my boys occupied?

We'd be sailing during a time that the kids are usually in school so I'm concerned about there not being enough to keep them busy.

We sailed on Grandeur (which is same class as Vision) in late Sep, and we had about 10-15 kids under age of 10 on board. So not that many, but enough for our son to make friends.

In terms of keeping them occupied, there is the pool, kids club, arcade, and rock climbing wall. There may also be ping pong table and shuffleboard. This was our son's first cruise, so he had not been spoiled on the larger ships and loved the cruise. I would say if your kids have been on the bigger ships, and may be expecting more bells and whistles, than you may want to move up to Radiance class ships. They have Adventure Beach and mini golf I think.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

If the Vision has four port calls the boys will only have two sea days to keep busy. I would think the pool, rock climbing and the kids club they will be just fine.

I would agree with this. Plus, it has Jumbotron, so should have movies on deck in the evening.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone!

There were only three port days--still probably enough to keep busy. Our last cruise was so short we rushed to and fro trying to fit everything in.

The sale is great BTW--I found a week long sailing out of tampa for all five of us for $1600. It's really hard to pass it up.