Dining room wait list

Melcoug

Does anyone know if the pre-cruise dining wait list carries over to the ship? I'm assuming that it does't, but was wondering what personal experiences have been.

We are currently #9 on the wait list for the time we prefer and sail in 14 days. If we don't clear the list prior to boarding, I know I can try and make the change on board. It would be sad to "lose our spot" on the list and be placed on a new one behind anyone who was fortunate enough to board before us.

I really dislike Anytime Dining for a variety of reasons, so while I know it is certainly an option, it's not my preference.

Thanks!

I would imagine it would carry over because we have had traditional dining booked and then changed to Anytime once we boarded the ship. You can switch from Traditional to Anytime but not the other way.[

quote=Melcoug;41963307]Does anyone know if the pre-cruise dining wait list carries over to the ship? I'm assuming that it does't, but was wondering what personal experiences have been.

We are currently #9 on the wait list for the time we prefer and sail in 14 days. If we don't clear the list prior to boarding, I know I can try and make the change on board. It would be sad to "lose our spot" on the list and be placed on a new one behind anyone who was fortunate enough to board before us.

I really dislike Anytime Dining for a variety of reasons, so while I know it is certainly an option, it's not my preference.

Thanks!

I would bet you BIG money that you will be assigned Traditional by the time you board.

And if not, for sure head over to the maitre d meeting spot and make the change there. If you don't care what size table it is easy. Even for a two top, we have never been turned away unhappily.

I suspect once the assignments are made a few days before the cruise starts that a wait list no longer exists and those who did not get assigned their choice will be placed into anytime.

There have been plenty of Cruise Critic posts from people who said they were able to get their choice after seeing the Matre d' once onboard. I have yet to see one post that said a day or two after boarding and without speaking to the Matre d' they cleared a waitlist and were reassigned to their first choice.

Once onboard the only waitlist is the line to see the Matre d' on embarkation day afternoon.

As soon as you are given your cruise cards at check-in you will know if you cleared the waitlist or not.

Edited by caribill

As soon as you are given your cruise cards at check-in you will know if you cleared the waitlist or not.

This is correct. I forgot to mention that.:o At check in your table number and time will be printed on your ship card. Unless you want to know size of table or location, that will give you your seating time answer immediately and you might not have to do the maitre d thing.