celebrity dress code main dining room

travelingtrish

This is my 9th cruise 1st time on celebrity. I was curious about the dress code for both men and women in main dining room. My last cruise on Royal Carribean I was shocked that they allowed men wearing cut off jeans and flip flops in main dining room.

Dress will be all over the place, hopefully not shorts, baseball caps, or

bib-overhauls. On formal nights for men the dress will be from outstanding, to just pants and shirt to TUX and every thing in between, but please, just look nicer than normal, and yes a jacket not truly required, but it does add a nice look.

Women, and I have see Outstanding, Great, good, Bad and UGLY, almost anything goes if it looks good. But remember the old RCI cruise director joke, "just because they make it in your size, you might not want to wear it."

Also, depends on where your cruise is. We thought European cruises were more formal (jacket required, although loaner available, for men on formal night)! Less so in Caribbean. Have fun either way!

I'm getting my popcorn popped so I 'll be ready when this thread takes off in all different directions. Most people don't bother going to the website or reading Celebrity brochure on attire.

J.

I'm getting my popcorn popped so I 'll be ready when this thread takes off in all different directions. Most people don't bother going to the website or reading Celebrity brochure on attire.

J.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw what this thread was about! It will blow up quickly with sooo many opinions. I'm just gonna sit back, relax and enjoy the ride! Lol! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dress code in the MDR has been done to death. Let's talk about a dress code for dress code threads.

I suggest hard hat, steel-capped boots and flame-proof underwear.

Just off Silhouette and I have to say that the formal dress was all over the place. A few more dressier people on the first night but I felt over dressed the second night. Going forward, I will leave the sparkly stuff home.

Sue

We just came off the Eclipse 14 day Southern Caribbean itinerary today. The jackets for men in the MDR on formal nights was enforced with loaner jackets available. We did not see any shorts, baseball caps etc in the MDR any nights.