Cabin Upgrade Ventura 26th March Help

crafty sue

Hi

After reading on here someone refusing an upgrade on their cruise I thought I would check on my cruise personaliser for our cruise on the 26th of March on Ventura - and guess what - we have been upgraded... well moved from Aft Cabin E731 Superior Deluxe to Midships Deck D 419 - now all you in the know - is this a good cabin? - we chose the E deck so I can get some shade as I have to wear total sunblock for health reasons - will I get shade in this cabin ?

I also was surprised no e-mail from P & O to tell us about the move - we paid select via a t.a. so maybe they have been told ! - what do we do about baggage labels ? will they issue new ones?

Don 't get me wrong it is nice to be upgraded but - is it ? you decide

Hi

After reading on here someone refusing an upgrade on their cruise I thought I would check on my cruise personaliser for our cruise on the 26th of March on Ventura - and guess what - we have been upgraded... well moved from Aft Cabin E731 Superior Deluxe to Midships Deck D 419 - now all you in the know - is this a good cabin? - we chose the E deck so I can get some shade as I have to wear total sunblock for health reasons - will I get shade in this cabin ?

I also was surprised no e-mail from P & O to tell us about the move - we paid select via a t.a. so maybe they have been told ! - what do we do about baggage labels ? will they issue new ones?

Don 't get me wrong it is nice to be upgraded but - is it ? you decide

No shade at all on D deck balconies. It is a better position on the ship because it is so central. However if the sun thing is important you need to do something quick.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your input John and Dai - as it is a March cruise I doubt it will be that sunny in the Med ! - so will go with what the have upgraded us to - although looking on the deck plan D419 is directly opposite the lifts - now how about the noise ? anyone stayed in that Cabin that can give me a heads up ? It looks a great central position for easy access to all areas and our previous Cabin was E731 which some people said could be noisy due to the nightclub being underneath !

The only other thing is that we have lovely baggage labels from P & O does anyone who has been upgraded before know if they will send us some new ones this close to sailing or will we just have to print of the ones on the E Tickets ?

Yes Trish I think that might well be the case - shame those lovely labels in the booklet sent are so nice !!

I too wonder if this is really a good upgrade - I chose the E Deck cabin thinking it might have a great view at the stern as well as the side - only time will tell

Sue we were upgraded from aft inside to mid inside. We went down 2 decks and had the noisiest cabin ever. Wish I had complained but just put up with it. Will never do that again.:eek:

I am sure you will be fine.:cool:

Thanks for your input John and Dai - as it is a March cruise I doubt it will be that sunny in the Med ! - so will go with what the have upgraded us to - although looking on the deck plan D419 is directly opposite the lifts - now how about the noise ? anyone stayed in that Cabin that can give me a heads up ? It looks a great central position for easy access to all areas and our previous Cabin was E731 which some people said could be noisy due to the nightclub being underneath !

The only other thing is that we have lovely baggage labels from P & O does anyone who has been upgraded before know if they will send us some new ones this close to sailing or will we just have to print of the ones on the E Tickets ?

Sue, we always go for a cabin by the lifts, less walking. Although as I have my scooter it makes no difference to me. Our last 4 cruises have been in locations like this without any problem with noise. I am sure we have been in D421 before when I was allowed in that grade of cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately (or fortunately) When you book you are given the option not to be upgraded, On our carribean trip we spent a lot of time choosing our E deck cabin so we refused the upgrade option, If you take the gamble on getting moved then you really have to go with what they give you. Im pretty sure the booking form says you cannot refuse an upgrade either.

If you booked through a TA then they probably should have made it clear to you.

Thanks Dai

That is reassuring - I think I am just getting a bit giddy no long to go now ! - wonder if they will do the same with luggage on these Med Fly Cruises like they do on the Carribean ones - i.e. check in luggage in UK - next time we see it in our cabins ! I will have to report back as ours is the first one !

Hi Alvin

I think they mentioned it when we were cancelled and rebooked to get the new OBC ! and I think my reply was as long as it is to a suite ! and then laughed ! Not bothered really as you say you do research to choose a cabin especially as it is one of the "Perks" of Select deal ! just wondered if anyone had stayed in that cabin i.e D419

thanks for all your help x