Jewel Inside Cabin (Cat. K) for 4 adults

I am planning a cruise with my sister for July. Looking at cabins for my family, trying to keep our costs low, I was wondering if booking an inside cabin for 4 adults would be doable. Booking the inside would save us $800. We have always cruised on two cabins and never on an inside.

We did a inside K on Explorer of the Sea as a last minute deal. There is not a lot of room for 2 Adults I would never try to fit in 4 adults. Take 2 cabins.

Kezzie

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am planning a cruise with my sister for July. Looking at cabins for my family, trying to keep our costs low, I was wondering if booking an inside cabin for 4 adults would be doable. Booking the inside would save us $800. We have always cruised on two cabins and never on an inside.

R u nuts....book 2 cabins

Edited by Motorman23

Think of an inside cabin as the size of a basic dorm room, and then you can picture how four adults would do in it.

Think of the cabin divided into 1/3rds. At the far end 1/3 (opposite end from the door) are the two beds. The middle 1/3 is a two seat sofa across from a built in dresser/desk with chair. The remaining 1/3 is the bathroom and a closet, as well as the door.

An inside cabin will have two twin beds they push together to make a queen, plus two pullmans, which are basically bunk beds that pull down from the ceiling. These are typically over the other two beds. They pull them down at night.

This means that you have four individual beds, and seating for three (including the deck chair). The cabin space is quite small. To picture it, imagine a twin bed, with head of bed against far wall. There is about two feet of space before a two seat (love seat) sofa, and then the wall of the bathroom. So your cabin area open room for four adults is the space of a love seat+2 feet, by the width of two twin beds + 2 feet.

Can four adults stay in this space? Of course they can. Are you great friends that will find the close quarters great fun, or do you need space a quiet time alone? If the later, your vacation might be more enjoyable with two cabins. If you would spend a week with four in a typical dorm, then you would be ok with an inside cabin.

luv2zdworld, personally I couldn't do it. How comfortable will the four of you be, staying in close quarters (160 s.f.) and sharing one bathroom? Do the sleeping configurations (upper berth, etc.) work for everyone? While two cabins would certainly be preferred, if budget doesn't permit that, then also consider (any guys going?) using the showers in the locker room of the spa to get ready. Your itinerary is port-intensive and will have 4 or 5 busy port days. If your family can organize sleeping and getting ready times, I wouldn't want to miss out on a week aboard the Jewel if you can manage! :)