Dress code on Divina

flahagan

So pleased you can afford expensive casual clothes - very nice ! Never been on an A/C ship below decks during the evening when it has been 85 degrees. On deck for a deck party was it ? Totally different situation.

As for the poolside description - totally agree, but again during day so not the same situation - must try harder.

I didn't say I could afford it. My Mama gets me them for birthdays and Christmas. LOL

But to be more specific yes.....out on deck either relaxing or at a party. But if I want to go inside, I'm not changing clothes, I just make sure I go to the more casual bars like the sports bar or something where those enjoying "dress up" don't tend to be. Even in "fancy" casual clothes, I wouldn't party crash a more formal setting. Now.....after 10pm when all the formally dressed people are nice and liquored up, all bets are off.

Edited by jchipgcs

I'm so sorry you're uncomfortable when I put on a $300 silk Tommy Bahama camp shirt and pressed bermuda shorts to walk around in sticky wet 85 degree nights on our Caribbean itineraries.

I too was similarly uncomfortable poolside on a European line at the pool all day with the hairy backed, plus sized Euro-men squeezed into banana hammocks designed for 12 year old boys. That and the 75 year old ladies who think they need to expose the "twins" for a bit of sunshine at the pool. No matter how much oil gets slathered on those things, they aren't going to re-inflate.

But I just sat back, closed my eyes chuckled.

OMG you gave me the best LAUGH!!!!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
I have many friends who come from the USA, they are certainly my kind.....

High heels are rare to be seen on board whilst at sea. And, not recommended for one's own safety. Be that as it may, jeans tatoos and body piercings would not improve most tablemate's dinner in the MDR. We americans are often scoflaws and firebrands, but 'there is no substitute for taste'.

High heels are rare to be seen on board whilst at sea. And, not recommended for one's own safety. Be that as it may, jeans tatoos and body piercings would not improve most tablemate's dinner in the MDR. We americans are often scoflaws and firebrands, but 'there is no substitute for taste'.

Taste is 100% 'subjective'! Imposing one's 'taste' onto another would be bullying!

You'll also find that many of our American heroes in the military who risk their lives for us have tattoos, and would be welcome at my dinner table anytime!:D

I'm so sorry you're uncomfortable when I put on a $300 silk Tommy Bahama camp shirt and pressed bermuda shorts to walk around in sticky wet 85 degree nights on our Caribbean itineraries.

I too was similarly uncomfortable poolside on a European line at the pool all day with the hairy backed, plus sized Euro-men squeezed into banana hammocks designed for 12 year old boys. That and the 75 year old ladies who think they need to expose the "twins" for a bit of sunshine at the pool. No matter how much oil gets slathered on those things, they aren't going to re-inflate.

But I just sat back, closed my eyes chuckled.

Tommy Bahama's Silk Camp Shirts sell for about $100 bucks at full retail, and in most cases slashed by up to 50% depending on where and when you buy them.

http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/Men/Shirts/Camp_Shirts.jsp

I guess if I paid a 200% markup on a shirt, id justifiably want to wear it everyday too

Tommy Bahama's Silk Camp Shirts sell for about $100 bucks at full retail, and in most cases slashed by up to 50% depending on where and when you buy them.

http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/Men/Shirts/Camp_Shirts.jsp

I guess if I paid a 200% markup on a shirt, id justifiably want to wear it everyday too

You're talking about the regular line. They make an entire collection of limited edition shirts, hand embroidered that start at $250. You'll never see them online as they only make 250 of them and only select stores get them.

You're talking about the regular line. They make an entire collection of limited edition shirts, hand embroidered that start at $250. You'll never see them online as they only make 250 of them and only select stores get them.

Anthony Bourdain on one of those travel shows bought a Caribbean shirt for $2,000.! So I'd believe some kinds start at $250.!