Venice Airport Transfer to Cruise Terminal

Hi, I asked the same question recently on the Silversea board for some friends who are terminating at Venice.........

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2002225

Their concern was that so many of the transfer companies they looked at were non Venice based and as such were just using a sub contractor in Venice, which they were not comfortable with as if the driver was late or they could not find him, contact would be difficult.

They ended up booking direct with a small local company whose e mail is

ekiprent@tiscali.it

There were quite a number of recommends about him on Tripadvisor. His name is Andrea and he answered their e-mails quickly, supplied all his contact details and did not ask for up front payment. His quote was slightly more at 45Euros but felt very confident that he would turn up.

I hope this helps, there may also be people on here who can also suggest alternatives.

Enjoy your cruise

When in Venice we always take the most beautiful way, a water taxi. A private water taxi and the beautiful views approaching Venice by sea. What a way to start a Seabourn voyage.:D

We also did the water taxi on the way back to the airport on our last cruise to Venice. Would definitely do it again.

We have got taxi from the airport to the cruise port (£50) before. It was no trouble, there were plenty of them outside thw airport. On the last occasion (Oct 2013) we booked with 'A2B transfers' when we disembarked at Venice. They arrived at the arranged time. Again it costs £50. The driver was polite, the car was clean. The car was arriving at the port as we disembarked. We were able to leave straightaway whilst the other passengers were still at the port waiting for their transfers (it looks like some of them actually booked their transfer with seabourn)

I have heard someone mentioned there is a bus go straight from the airport to the cruise port which only costs £3 but we have never tried it and unlikely to as we are too paranoid of missing the ship.

Agree completely with Jim. You're in Venice. Where else in the world can you take a water taxi down the Grand Canal?

One can take a bus or a taxi in just about any city on earth. Only in Venice can you take a private mahogany yacht cruise into one of the most beautiful cities there is. And they can be fast too.:D

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, can any recommend a reliable limo transfer from Venice Marco Polo to Venice Cruise Terminal? Thanks in advance.

Last August we used http://www.canovaservices.com who proved to be 100% reliable. IMHO doing a land transfer between the airport and the terminal is far less hassle and infinitely preferable to some expensive water taxi but each to his own I suppose.

Last August we used http://www.canovaservices.com who proved to be 100% reliable. IMHO doing a land transfer between the airport and the terminal is far less hassle and infinitely preferable to some expensive water taxi but each to his own I suppose.

Sure. And why take a gondola when the vaporetto (water buses) are cheaper?

Hi, Many thanks for your reply. We have done the water taxi experience several times and enjoyed it, so opting for the cheaper route this time! We have also got quite badly held up with the water taxis on two occasions, which when coupled with a delayed flight can cause some consternation in terms of missing the sailing!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Spot,

I am coming to this late as I dip into CC only when another Seabourn adventure is in the offing and my family of four are now booked on the Venice/Venice from 7 July.

Our last Seabourn was the "alternative" itinerary V/V August 2012. We used water taxi from airport to Hotel Bauer then water taxi from hotel to ship but http://www.limousinevenice.com from ship to airport. It all worked well for us and we will be doing the same this year.

Good luck