Help with what to do in Belize

CouponMom

Traveling there on Liberty in 3 weeks. My 2nd time, my cousin's first.

When I went before with DH we did Stingray Alley & Caye Caulker through Hammerhead. It was great! But my cousin doesn't like to swim with live things. :D So.... ruins are not of interest - is there ANYTHING like Mr. Sancho's in Belize? I'm reading through all these threads and getting more confused than anything. LOL

Any recommendations for someone that loves to lay on the beach, swim from shore, or shop ? ??

Thanks!

Maybe you know but Coral quit using Hammerhead. Bad move. Anyway I don't know of anything there comparable to Sancho's, mostly snorkel beach tours or cave tubing..

I didn't know that. I've only had the one tour with Hammerhead, but we thought they were great!

Most people do the cavetubing in Belize. It's the most popular thing.

If you are just looking for a "beach" or island to relax, check out some of the options like Bannister Island (I have a review in my signature line), Goffs Caye or Rendezvous Cay. :)

A group of 50 tried Coral Breeze tours to Bannister (I think) a couple weeks ago. A cruising friend of mine posted about the experience. Now I understand why "overthehill" is constantly posting warnings about that company. Apparently it was a complete disaster for the huge group of bloggers. Talk about bad press...

Last week we took a water taxi - Belize Express - for $22.50pp roundtrip (about 45 minutes each way) to Caye Caulker and spent the morning at the Lazy Lizard. We had a nice relaxing time, and the drinks are cheap.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2VqF1KCHpro/Ux3Y0ej7bMI/AAAAAAAAAFM/2mirADyt3v8/s1600/lizard.jpg

Edited by JenMJM

We just got off the Carnival Legend yesterday and we did the snorkeling wonders of the barrier reef excursion. It was one if the more reasonably priced excursions and by far the best one we have EVER been on. We had two children and one who was somewhat apprehensive and they gave us our own tour guide for the day. We were taken right from our ship to a tropical coral island for the snorkeling and it was just beautiful!!

Not much of a beach, but very pretty. People hang out and swim at the area called the split..This is the only photo I have on the island, other than us eating. This is where Coral Breeze brought us in.

I'm kind of leaning toward taking the water taxi to Caye Caulker and hanging out. Is there a beach?

SANY2397.jpg

Thanks. If I can save anybody from a bad experience I want to, especially someone who might be on their first cruise.:)

A group of 50 tried Coral Breeze tours to Bannister (I think) a couple weeks ago. A cruising friend of mine posted about the experience. Now I understand why "overthehill" is constantly posting warnings about that company. Apparently it was a complete disaster for the huge group of bloggers. Talk about bad press...

Last week we took a water taxi - Belize Express - for $22.50pp roundtrip (about 45 minutes each way) to Caye Caulker and spent the morning at the Lazy Lizard. We had a nice relaxing time, and the drinks are cheap.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2VqF1KCHpro/Ux3Y0ej7bMI/AAAAAAAAAFM/2mirADyt3v8/s1600/lizard.jpg

Most people do the cavetubing in Belize. It's the most popular thing.

If you are just looking for a "beach" or island to relax, check out some of the options like Bannister Island (I have a review in my signature line), Goffs Caye or Rendezvous Cay. :)

I would recommend Rendezvous Cay, we had a wonderful and relaxing time there.