Smoking areas on the Rhapsody: Australia

Can anyone tell me, who has sailed under the new policy, where the smoking areas are on the Rhapsody sailing from Australia? Are there any covered areas and are they comfortable?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Last Dec, the smoking area on Rhapsody is on the pool deck (Deck 9) on the starboard side.

Comfy? Its the same furniture that is all about, and the area is covered.

Thank you. That sounds about the same as the Radiance..... plus deck five starboard?

Can anyone tell me, who has sailed under the new policy, where the smoking areas are on the Rhapsody sailing from Australia? Are there any covered areas and are they comfortable?

I just read last week in their conduct policy (if that's the name of it) that if you have an ocean balcony room you can smoke there too. My BF and I both use Ecigs and were surprised that those are banned also in common areas. But we respect it, we don't go in public expecting to be able to puff them where smokers cannot smoke. Our state has had a smoking ban for public areas for a few years now. We switched with the intent to be healthier and stop smoking eventually. Luckily we went with an ocean balcony before reading that so we lucked out there. Maybe if you don't have one you could upgrade?? Just a thought if you like to get up and smoke and don't want to walk to another area.

I just read last week in their conduct policy (if that's the name of it) that if you have an ocean balcony room you can smoke there too. My BF and I both use Ecigs and were surprised that those are banned also in common areas. But we respect it, we don't go in public expecting to be able to puff them where smokers cannot smoke. Our state has had a smoking ban for public areas for a few years now. We switched with the intent to be healthier and stop smoking eventually. Luckily we went with an ocean balcony before reading that so we lucked out there. Maybe if you don't have one you could upgrade?? Just a thought if you like to get up and smoke and don't want to walk to another area.

You read an outdated policy. There is no smoking on all balconies since Jan 1, 2014.

Here's an updated policy:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=3101&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqType=faq

Edited by clarea

Sorry, but you will find that smoking etc is banned from cabin balconies. I think that happened in January.

Just had a look at the "smoking policy"....

To copy and paste:

Smoking is not permitted inside any stateroom and any stateroom balcony. This applies to all stateroom categories on board. If a guest is in violation of this stateroom policy, a cleaning fee of $250 USD will be applied to their SeaPass® account and may be subject to further action pursuant to the "Consequences Section" of the Guest Conduct Policy.

Sorry.

Well I'm glad I posted that. I just went and pulled up the guest conduct policy again. I swear I just read it last week maybe the week before but we haven't had this cruise booked that long. It stated in the policy that you could smoke on ocean balconies. I was thinking it even mentioned the Oasis cause I text my BF when I read it. But I see they have since then changed it. Doesn't surprise me though it probably takes time to update everything on their site when they make changes. Doesn't matter we will abide and go to the smokers area. Though the balcony would have been better as I don't care for the smell of smoke anymore when there's a lot of it. But oh well tis my choice of life to puff so I will endure with all the smokers. Thanks for pointing out the changes as we certainly do not want a charge for something I read that got changed later. Though I was going to find it and print it before sail date but guess not now. haha:rolleyes: