Just booked Sensation for May

libertyschool

Very excited! Just booked a 3 day from Port Canaveral. We will be spending a few days in Orlando before we sail. I was contemplating between RCCL Enchantment of the Seas sailing May 9th or Sensation May 8th. Chose Sensation mostly due to timing. Hoping I won't regret the choice. Don't get me wrong, I loved my previous Carnival cruise, but Enchantment looks really nice. Anyone have experience on Sensation? I want to hear all the reasons why I made the right choice... :)

My first cruise was on the Sensation, and it was a well-kept, older ship (but Enchantment is older too). I'm pretty sure in my signature there are photo's of her, they're about 5 years old, but Carnival doesn't change much. The pools were nice, I think out of all my cruises thus far that's been my favorite dining room. It was a great enough experience that I've now gone on a bunch more cruises.

My daughter (11) and I are booked on the Sensation May 25th. We haven't been on it, but are really looking forward to it.

We went on the Enchantment back in September. Had a blast! The pool deck was huge and there was a calypso band. Loved it!

I hope you have a nice trip!

The sensation was my first cruise! I already had the dream booked with a group of friends and wanted to make sure I liked cruising before making my final payment. I also did the 3 day and a short disney stay. I loved the ship and cruising. I can't wait to sail her sister ship, the paradise, in 26 days!

Just off the Sensation Sunday and had a great time! It was a nice weekend cruise, albeit with some spring breakers. Spent nearly 100% of deck time on the serenity and have a very enjoyable cruise....didn't get off in Nassau.

Food service was nice and food was good, room was clean (although I did find more dust than every on fixtures - something I do at home, so not picking on the cruise) and we had fun, which was the most important part.

We did have an odd smell coming from our room, sort of smell like sewage and our sink didn't drain quickly.

• 4 weeks later...

I just returned from my cruise on the Sensation yesterday. I had a great time. I will be putting together some sort of a review at some point. The good and the bad.

Feel free to ask any questions. I would be happy to answer them for you.

My second cruise was on Sensation. It's definitely smaller than Enchantment, and lacks the bells and whistles of newer ships; no specialty restaurants, for example. But what it lacks in features, it made up in the social atmosphere. Meeting people and making friends was easy due to the ship's small size, and the crew was great. My cabin was spotless. MDR service was a little slow, but it's Carnival's fault for wanting to do more with less, not the waiters'. Feel free to check out my review. It explains everything in detail.