Carnival Magic Trip Report March 2-9 with photos

Naomi John

From Doctor's Cave, we walked the hip strip to Margaritaville. Had a pretty good lunch. DD and I had the sliders, I can't remember what DH ate. I drank a margarita, (duh), DD had a banana smoothie and DH I think drank beer. After we ate, DD and DH went down the slide and played on the water toys.

IMG_0467.jpg

Going out the slide: Click on the pc to see the movie.

th_MVI_0472.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

DH being very careful across the bridge

IMG_0490.jpg

Granamo!

IMG_0531.jpg

We lost track of time at Margaritaville and Noted it was 3:30. We had not shopped. The last bus was at 4 PM. We shopped up and down the hip strip then hopped a bus back to port.

DD was worn out:

IMG_0539.jpg

Back at our room, we watched people come back. The Children's Band was playing as well.

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

This night the menu, (not the new American one, which I was grateful), had my favorite app the Orange duck one. Sorry I cannot remember the exact name. We had ATD, but we were sat at a table with three other couples, (DD went off to Circle C and had dinner with her friends). Sorry no pictures of food. After dinner, Dh and I went to our favorite spot on the ship, outside the red frog rum pub. We listened to the guitar player and engaged in some corn hole, (bean bag toss), with another couple. I like they leave the game out for those to play on their own.

Headed to the room around 10 PM.

Here's the nights towel animal and attached the day at a glance.

IMG_0569.jpg

Doc016.pdf

This is a tender port. There were 4 other ships with us. Two RCL and one HAL. We wanted to book the yacht excursion but it was sold out, (only 16 allowed). We instead went with 7 mile beach break party boat with snorkeling. We took a tender to Georgetown, (maybe 5 min ride), Shopped a little, then met up with our group.

Arriving at Georgetown:

IMG_0572.jpg

On the Tender:

IMG_0576.jpg

Fishes jumping near the tender:

IMG_0579.jpg

This little guy liked Dorito's

IMG_0582.jpg

This is the boat:

IMG_0583.jpg

Plenty of room around the bar area and open area. the snorkel equipment was in a hot soapy bucket with sanitizer, but we brought our own snorkels.

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

Ready to go. Did I mention my DD is part fish?

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

I went it for a second, but I am not one for open seas. We also brought an underwater camera, but we cannot seem to find it. I hope to find it to see the pictures.

We snorkeled for about 30 - 45 mins. DD stated she saw some sort of eel. Another passenger confirmed this. Once back on the boat, the Rum Punch and sodas flowed. Rum Punch, soft drinks for children, and beer were free.

Off we go to 7 mile beach:

IMG_0599.jpg

the rum started flowing on the boat once we passed a certain marker in the area. We enjoyed the scenery along the Cayman coast of 7 mile beach. After about 30 mins, the boat pull right up to the beach next to Calico Jacks. We were advised we had about an hour and a half here. We exited the boat and the boat parked just off the beach.

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

The waves were a little strong. Calico Jacks was nice, 5 local beers for $20 USD. DD also had some fried cheese and a banana drink, all for $50 USD. not.

The boat pulled right up to the beach when it was time. We all piled in, the punch was flowing again, and the DJ got us up and dancing.

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

We returned to the port about 3:15 PM. Last tender was waiting for us as the ship was due to leave at 4:00PM. That is the good thing about booking your tour through Carnival. Here is DD with the Capitan and the DJ:

IMG_0606.jpg

Tonight was the past guest. We received our invitations:

11e0d30d-7c71-4cdf-b1cc-20abd597baa2.jpg

We, showered, got dressed as it was also the second elegant night and went to the Showtime Theater. Anyone else remember when they had a selection of various drinks available at the past guest party? I do. the only drink the waiters had were Fun Ship Special, bad point. Good point, we asked a waiter for DH favorite drink, an Amoretto Sour, we received two in about 5 mins. None of the snacks were very memorable. Noonan, the CD did the usual speech with a few "games". A little dancing, and it was all over in 45 minutes.

Tonight's menu had a lot of new sections, (new for us). I did not get picture of all the food, but this was the one item we had to try it was called a seafood sampler. Shrimp, Crab Cakes, scallops, and smoked salmon. It was very tasty.

IMG_0616.jpg

There is very little information on these boards about Circle C, and leading up to this cruise, the search button was down. Doing a google search helped.

My DD love Circle C. She enjoyed meeting new people, the late night activities, and the more freedom it gave her. I know some people make dinner time the family time. We made it breakfast, because at night, she wanted to go to Circle C. The room was always open and became a meeting spot for the pre-teens during the day before the activities started. The counselor, Jason, kept track of the teens.

I really liked the program because my daughter liked the program.

Now on to Cozumel.

We had a cove balcony on deck two. Loved the room and the location, I will show you why shortly. Because we were platinum, and we were on the ship late, we were able to go straight to our room. Really easy as we were one floor down from the entrance lobby.

Our Room from the door:

room2283fromdoor.jpg

From the balcony door:

Room2283002.jpg

And from the other corner near the balcony:

room2283003.jpg

Gotta love the lined up water and diet cokes! That looks like our room everytime we go :)

Cozumel is a been there done that for us. Circle C had an excursion for the teens, A zip-line and beach break, which DD wanted to do, but they need at least 3 to sign up and no one else showed interest. I know some people would not let their children off in a foreign country with "strangers" and without the parents, but I spoke with Jason and he advised they all stay together, they leave the ship together, take a single ride together, etc. He advise he has gone on several of these teen excursions and they were very safe. But, as I said, not enough signed up.

We were debating at breakfast what we were going to do. If we did not have DD, DH and I would have probably gone to the other side of the island or to a place called "No Name Bar", in downtown Cozumel.

Lido deck has a nice surprise this morning. The Towel Animals became chair hogs:

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

We finished breakfast around 9:00 ish and returned to the room. Got a picture of the pilot getting aboard.

IMG_0624.jpg

We were not even close to docking. Noonan was on the intercom advising not to proceed to deck 0, however, no one seemed to listen. The first picture is the stairs on Deck 2 going up to deck 3. This was about 9:30 AM.

IMG_0635.jpg

Here is deck 3 the all clear had not been given yet:

IMG_0639.jpg

DH and I enjoyed watching them set up the gain plank again and watching the people get cornered into various photos.

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

These guys were new. Thought it was neat:

IMG_0642.jpg

We decided to head to Mr. Sancho's Beach Club. It's free beach which has water toys, (fun jumps?) and two areas, an All Inclusive and a pay as you go. The taxi ride was $16 plus tip, (I would just budget $20 each way).

Here is a list of the taxi prices:

IMG_0662.jpg

We choose to do the all inclusive, (simplified to AI). There is a discount if you book a head of time, but for us it was $55 per adult and $35 for the child, (not sure of the age for child. I think they have a teen price as well). The AI included drinks, food off the menu, a buffet, and non motorized water sports, except the fun jumps, those were an additional $12. $157 for the AI and fun jumps.

Here is the menu with drinks and prices:

IMG_0644.jpg

DD went straight for the fun jumps, DH and I settled under a papaya tree with a table and began to partake in alcoholic beverages. I went up to the buffet and took some chips, guacamole and sea food ceviche. The beach was fairly crowded as there were 6 ships in port this day, but no uncomfortable crowded.

IMG_0646.jpg

Here are some pictures of the fun jumps:

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

(that splash is my DD)

IMG_0653.jpg

We stepped on to the hip about 4:40 PM. DD went to Circle C and DD and I were on the balcony watching people board. We also watched the other ships leave.

Here goes one: NCL I think

IMG_0670.jpg

Here's two and three: Another NCL and the first RCL:

IMG_0673.jpg

Thought this was a cool shot as well:

IMG_0679.jpg

Note the date and time stamp at the bottom of my pictures, this boat arrived from the main land 5:49 PM. We are to set sail at 6 PM.

IMG_0682.jpg

You can make out the line of people getting off one boat and coming to ours:

IMG_0683.jpg

We were also the only Carnival ship in Cozumel today, which I thought was odd.

This day, DH and I promised DD we would go on the slides and Sky Walk with her.

DD in the Drain Pipe: (click on picture to see video

th_Slide.jpg

DD and I on the Sky Course:

IMG_0698.jpg

We played our last game of Bean Bag Toss:

IMG_0718.jpg

And finished the night with WMCC:

WMCC.jpg

And our final towel animal:

IMG_0724.jpg

The afternoon before, we received the letter advising for self assist debarkation platinum to meet in the Northern Lights Dining room at 7 AM.

There were also several announcements to set your clocks ahead one hour. Ugh, day light savings time, why do we still do this?

We were up, packed and out the door for 6:45 AM. There were several people in the dining room. It appeared the FTTF and Platinum were there together.

01b975c899c5e0db4580ab9635ba2d856f39fe800f-1.jpg

Once cleared, they called Diamond first, then Platinum, and guess FTTF as I was off the ship already. no long lines, got through customs and to our car. We were on the road a little after 8 AM.

We were on that late boat last March and was also late! It comes from Paradise Island. We had an excursion guy waiting for us telling us to move it and get on the ship.

That's interesting to know. I thought it came from the mainland.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app