Cigarettes on Board?

jmb0687

Hello!

I am going on the pride and my fiance is a smoker, and I heard that cigarettes were cheaper on board.. is that true? I am wondering if he should bring a bunch with him or if he should just buy them on board?

just heard that prices went up at least on the Splendor. 5 cartons for $160. but that's still breaks down to 32 a carton. and those were Marlboro. unless you live down south, buy enough to get him through till the shops open once out to sea and purchase them on the ship. your allowed one duty free carton. the others if you bring any back with you, you'll pay duty taxes and that depends on what port. also, the agent may or may not charge you. same with liquor

My hubs and I buy 5 cartons each as soon as we set sail (I bring a few packs with me in case they don't have my brand and also bring my e-cig). We take them back to the cabin and pack em up. I buy Marlboro Reds for a brother in New York at about $25.00 a carton vs $100.00 in NY. I'm his favorite sister.

I declare ALL the cartons we buy, but have been lucky and never had to pay duty on them back in the US.

Have fun on your cruise!

just heard that prices went up at least on the Splendor. 5 cartons for $160. but that's still breaks down to 32 a carton.

That's still a bargain for NYC area smokers. Cigarettes are about $12-14/pack here. It's probably why the Splendor's prices are higher, too.

just heard that prices went up at least on the Splendor. 5 cartons for $160. but that's still breaks down to 32 a carton. and those were Marlboro. unless you live down south, buy enough to get him through till the shops open once out to sea and purchase them on the ship. your allowed one duty free carton. the others if you bring any back with you, you'll pay duty taxes and that depends on what port. also, the agent may or may not charge you. same with liquor

I had heard the rumors of increased cigarette prices also. I had previously paid either 105 or 120 per 5 carton pack. I was on the Elation out of New Orleans February 27th and the price I paid was 128. Still a great deal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Do you have to wait until the last day to get your cigarettes like you do with liquor you buy onboard?

No. You get the right away.

My hubs and I buy 5 cartons each as soon as we set sail (I bring a few packs with me in case they don't have my brand and also bring my e-cig). We take them back to the cabin and pack em up. I buy Marlboro Reds for a brother in New York at about $25.00 a carton vs $100.00 in NY. I'm his favorite sister.

I declare ALL the cartons we buy, but have been lucky and never had to pay duty on them back in the US.

Have fun on your cruise!

I buy my 5 cartons right away also. I was surprised on the Elation out of New Orleans that the shops didn't open till the 2nd day. I think it was due to how long it takes to get out of the Mississippi river.

I generally have a carton smoked on the cruise so I only declare 4 cartons. I have never had to pay duty on the either.

Was on Splendor 3 weeks ago and cigarettes were $37.50 a carton but brands were limited.

I'll be on her again next week and will probably just bring a carton back for a friend who smokes Marlboro's..it is a bargain as they are $85.50 a carton in Jersey!

Pam

Can you buy just 1 carton? I'm looking for Marlboro ultra lights 100s.

You can buy as many cartons as you want. You can bring back ONE carton duty free. You may or may not be charged duty on additional cartons. I never have been, not on a cruise, not flying in.

They will probably have Marlboro Lights, but probably not ultra 100s.

Edited by irishnyc

I got 2 cartons of Pall Mall 100's Blue for $31. $15.50 a carton, unheard of.

I smoke Pall Mall Blue Longs. In June (on the Liberty) they were 2 cartons for $30. In December on the Ecstasy, they were 2 cartons for $35. Still a great deal (here in Florida it's $42 for 1 carton).

• 1 year later...
I smoke Pall Mall Blue Longs. In June (on the Liberty) they were 2 cartons for $30. In December on the Ecstasy, they were 2 cartons for $35. Still a great deal (here in Florida it's $42 for 1 carton).

I know this is an old thread but if anyone could tell me if they sell Pall Mall regular red on the Sunshine and the current prices I would really appreciate it!

In December on the Pride5 cartons of Marlboro were $136. If you buy the first day I believe you get 15%-20% off. This deal never happened again so it was definitely beneficial. The price came out to $115 and some change.

I know this is an old thread but if anyone could tell me if they sell Pall Mall regular red on the Sunshine and the current prices I would really appreciate it!

If I remember correctly, they sold Pall Mall Blue and Orange on the Sunshine. I didn't notice a 2-for-$ special so I paid $20 a cartoon for them.

You can never be guaranteed that YOUR brand will be available. I'd bring my own, but stock up, if what I smoked was available!

Or one can be ready to change brands for the length of the cruise to save a lot of money if your brand isn't available.