Portofino on IOS post refit?

Dos IOS still have Portofino as a dining option?

It lists it as an option on the RCI website under the ship details>dining options along with Chops and Giovanni's table but when I log into my booking screen I cant book a table under the specialty dining tab. I can book for Chops and Giovanni's though.

Can anyone update? And if it is still on board what is the cover charge?

Dos IOS still have Portofino as a dining option?

It lists it as an option on the RCI website under the ship details>dining options along with Chops and Giovanni's table but when I log into my booking screen I cant book a table under the specialty dining tab. I can book for Chops and Giovanni's though.

Can anyone update? And if it is still on board what is the cover charge?

Giovanni's replaced Portofino on Indy.

typical cr@p from the RCI website then.

I know they are the same company but I have a feeling this will be our last RCI cruise - much more enthusiastic about our upcoming July cruise on Celebrity Silhouette. They know how to do a for fee restaurant...

Giovanni's table looks like you might as well be going to Olive Garden :(

typical cr@p from the RCI website then.

I know they are the same company but I have a feeling this will be our last RCI cruise - much more enthusiastic about our upcoming July cruise on Celebrity Silhouette. They know how to do a for fee restaurant...

Giovanni's table looks like you might as well be going to Olive Garden :(

Actually it's not but suppose looks can be deceiving. :rolleyes:

I tried Chops once - it's just a steak restaurant and serves food I would expect in the MDR - certainly not worth $70 a couple.

Portofino however was fabulous. Delicate soufflés, opulent French mains and increadibly desserts. It felt like a Michelin starred restaurant and was really worth the extra.

Celebrity have Qsine, Murano, Blue and (but not a favourite if mine) the Tuscan Grill.

One wonders if the group are intentionally moving Royal Caribbean down market - appealing to customer who's idea of fine dining is an expensive Italian or a T-Bone steak.

A shame.