Carnival Glory GoPro Video

JKCamara

I believe he shoots in 1080p. We usually bring our laptop so he can dump video when the card gets full. Plus it is fun to watch some of the clips while we are on vacation.

I do suggest getting a spare battery...It is nice to be able to just switch it out instead of running back to the room to charge it every time.

You can find all of his videos at - http://vimeo.com/user19057182

Awesome, thank you!! I found out when I rented a black edition in Niagara Falls that a spare battery is a must. I'm trying to figure out the fps and all the stuff like that. Does he have any tips for using it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was thinking about getting a GoPro for our up coming 23 day Australia cruise.

Seeing something like this makes me want to get it even more.

I got the Silver 3+ model for $299 in Sint Maarten, while we were on the cruise

so I spent the rest of that cruise shooting blind -not quite knowing what I was doing!

A guy on board (and his clever wife)

showed me how to accomplish Playback on the iPad, so that helped a bit.

I came ashore with 61 short clips on the ship, views of harbours taken from top deck,etc.

Now to assemble them somehow.

---------------

Suggest you get the camera now, early, before the cruise.

There's a lot to learn and figure out! ;)

I'm about 3 weeks up the learning curve, now.

that was fantastic! cant wait as i hit 75 days till i board Glory ! thanks for sharing. i wish i was good at editing things like that.. i more of the still photo taker.. i predict 1000 photos from this 1 week trip.

You'll be on the same cruise as us! Our roll call is dead, so get on over there!

Hi everyone-

My husband just finished our vacation video from our short platinum cruise on the Carnival Glory back in November. I thought that some of you might enjoy it. All footage was shot with a GoPro 3 black addition and he tries to make one of these for each of our cruises. It is a great way to capture the memories.

Oh and in case you are wondering...we had cabin number 6483 which was an aft wrap balcony.

Enjoy!

I met you guys on the Paradise on 1/30/14. Are you going to do a video of that cruise?

I met you guys on the Paradise on 1/30/14. Are you going to do a video of that cruise?

Hi Dave! Yes we will be putting together a video from that cruise as well. It is the next one we are working on. I will post here when it is ready. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Black edition Hero3. I have never heard of renting a GoPro, but why not. I hope for that persons sake they have as many of the useful mounts and accessories possible.

I just bought the GoPole Bobber and GoPro Floaty Backdoor. I bought the GoPole Reach (extends from 17" to 40"). I think I have about $1000 sunk in the camera, mounts, and accessories; however, I still need to get a few more of the mounts like the grenade grip, wrist strap, suction cup, and chesty harness......

Anyone check out Mic Bergsma's tips and videos on Youtube? He's hot, and has great idea for using the GoPro and what you should/shouldn't do...

Next cruise the GoPro is going down the slide with me, going snorkeling, and I might look like a Dork walking around the Dream with a camera strapped to my head, but it's a hands free way to do a tour of the ship!!!!!

It can be pricy to buy the GoPro with all the mounts/accessories needed, but in the end, the video and images you can shoot make you forget how much it costs!!!

Anyone wanting to get one should get it a few months before the cruise so they can play with it and figure it out.

FPS--1080-60

GoPole--grenade grip, The Bobber, Evo Pole, or Reach pole; however, UKPro also sells a pole that can have two cameras on it. They also sell cases for GoPro cameras.......

Mounts--You'll likely need fair number of em!!!!!

Accessories--owning one you need extra battery, battery back pack, and LCD backpack--so you can watch what you shot, or watch it as you shoot it......

Settings and controls--Mic has some great hints and tips and explains why for each one.....

Edited by misguidedangel

For my birthday, I just got the LCD touchscreen for my GoPro. I am so excited to start using it! The touch screen doesn't work under water, but you come up, touch it and go back down. I love that I can see what I'm filming! That was the only thing I didn't really like about my video from my first cruise. I was new to my GoPro. I also have the head strap, so on the Magic, I put it on and did the sky course. That was fun to take video of.

Your video was great!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by zrxchic

Hi everyone-

My husband just finished our vacation video from our short platinum cruise on the Carnival Glory back in November. I thought that some of you might enjoy it. All footage was shot with a GoPro 3 black addition and he tries to make one of these for each of our cruises. It is a great way to capture the memories.

Oh and in case you are wondering...we had cabin number 6483 which was an aft wrap balcony.

Enjoy!

Wow! I really enjoyed your video!!!! It was incredible. Great job!

I'm looking at getting the GoPro Hero 3+ silver edition. I know I want the monopod which I believe is $17 from walmart.com, but I leave in less than a month. So hopefully I can get the learning curve before I leave. I too am curious about the software. On ebay it looks like it comes with some adobe software.