Paris on Bastille Day...

pbnjrockette

We will be in Paris on Bastille Day (La Fete Nationale) (July 14) and wondered if anyone has had personal experience of that day. Am sure it will be very crowded to view the fireworks and parade.

We were in Paris on Bastille Day & had a ball! This was about 10 years ago but we were not on a cruise. Yes, it was rather crowded. :) Of course, things may have changed.

Edited by dogs4fun

We will be in Paris on Bastille Day (La Fete Nationale) (July 14) and wondered if anyone has had personal experience of that day. Am sure it will be very crowded to view the fireworks and parade.

We were there last year! If you are on the river cruise itself the itinerary will change slightly. They have to get back to Paris because no locks will be working, all the workers have off that day. There is a huge firework display over the Eiffel Tower, and they have a huge military parade towards the Arch de Triomphe.

The parade is a very big deal, they have reserved seats all along the route, we didn't go to that. But the fireworks are easy to view. Just take a picnic by the river and you see them.

Hi !

This year, with the president that we have (:mad:), there will be a lot of people here for asking his résignation. So, you can expect to see some fights again the police.

Last year

If you want a good place, come before 7am ! But i will be very very crowded.

For the fireworks, there is a lot of different places !

The best experience is a dinner cruise on the Seine "special fireworks" (99€pp).

It's too early to know the best places of the year. They post informations 10 days earlier in general. :)

I will be following this with interest, as we will be in Paris then as well.

We will be on a river cruise docked in Paris on Bastille Day, so presuming its where Avalon normally docks then I think we will have a great view of the fireworks at the Eiffel Tower. Its on this night that theres an optional tour to Moulin Rouge..decisions..decisions...do we go there or would there be things that we shouldnt miss around the city on this night. We are in Paris for another 2 nights post cruise, so we can go to Moulin Rouge then if we want to.

Deb

I will be following this with interest, as we will be in Paris then as well.

We will be on a river cruise docked in Paris on Bastille Day, so presuming its where Avalon normally docks then I think we will have a great view of the fireworks at the Eiffel Tower. Its on this night that theres an optional tour to Moulin Rouge..decisions..decisions...do we go there or would there be things that we shouldnt miss around the city on this night. We are in Paris for another 2 nights post cruise, so we can go to Moulin Rouge then if we want to.

Deb

Deb, you will be able to watch the fireworks right from the deck. That is what we did. You can walk down to the Eiffel Tower, but why fight the crowds when you have your own private deck to watch from?:D We didn't do the Moulin Rouge but I remember they arranged it so that those who wanted to go would be back in plenty of time for the fireworks display.

Deb, you will be able to watch the fireworks right from the deck. That is what we did. You can walk down to the Eiffel Tower, but why fight the crowds when you have your own private deck to watch from?:D We didn't do the Moulin Rouge but I remember they arranged it so that those who wanted to go would be back in plenty of time for the fireworks display.

Sounds perfect :) wine and watching the fireworks from the top deck, with the Eiffel Tower and Paris as a back drop...bring it on! :D

Sounds perfect :) wine and watching the fireworks from the top deck, with the Eiffel Tower and Paris as a back drop...bring it on! :D

You can buy yourself some French wine or champagne from a Paris shop. They don't confiscate your liquor on river cruises.:D

I was there once. Had a great time but at the end of the evening finding a cab was impossible. We spent an hour walking back to our hotel. Others in our group kept trying to get a cab and could not catch one.. They tried for 2 hours. Have a great time but don't count on getting a cab since everyone is celebrating......

You can buy yourself some French wine or champagne from a Paris shop. They don't confiscate your liquor on river cruises.:D

Yeah I know, which is great, we did the same a couple of the nights on our last river cruise, when we were sailing along the Rhine and Danube...sounds like a another pretty good plan to me :-)