Non alcoholic drinks packages

Help! We are going on the Indy in August to W.med taking our daughter and her husband and two grandchildren - boys 10 and 11.

We don't know whether to get the non-alcoholic drinks package - coffees, teas, bottled water, non alcoholic cocktails etc at £171pp is it worth it. Does anyone have any views?

One boy will have the fizzy drink package but the other likes smoothies, milkshakes and water. We are going round in circles with this and now wonder whether we should forget the packages and just accumulate the bills!:

We normally cruise on Celebrity and don't have these decisions to make. :confused:

You should take in account how port intensive your itinerary is therefore you are not even on the ship. Chances are, accumulating the bills, as you said, may be the more cost effective option. If you have a lot of sea days, that might not be the case.

My sister and I bought the Royal Replenish package, we're in our 60s. The only way to break even is to get a couple of soft drinks, a bottle of water ( and they are small bottles) and order a specialty coffee or two. We ordered the ice blended mocha.

By the end of the week we were tired of everything. We didn't see any fizzy drinks or malts available with the RR package.

We did it on the Adventure. I think it would have been worth it if the ship would havd had Freestyle pop machine. We had 2 seas and did not think we got our moneys worth.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Had it for DW on Freedom and she definitely enjoyed the package. Start of with her carmel mocha whatever then The Fresh OJ in the morning followed by a BS then a frozen mocktail or two not counting bottled water and a soda now and then. Will be getting it for both of us in Oct.

I have read so much about drinks packages now, I don't know whether I am coming or going! I have been looking at all of them and I think we are going to risk it and not buy any of then . Too many what ifs involved. We will pay as we go and suffer the consequences. I reckon we will be out of pocket by the end of the cruise possibly by about $20pp, but hey we are taking the family - it's a one off and something to remember for all of us. Thanks for all the information though..

We usually travel on Celebrity and next cruise we get a free drinks package so we will see how that works compared with what we have spent in previous years - though this will be alcoholic rather than non-alcoholic.:)

Whether it is the alcohol or non-alcohol package I do purchase them just to have one less thing to keep up with on vacation. Regardless of what we drink it is already paid for and I don't have to play accountant with the bill to make sure it is correct. The more I can pre-pay prior to cruising the more enjoyable the experience. Just a thought.

TidePride