Surfside-- who's been?

xxdance8chikxx

Been looking at different places on 7 mile beach.. Both Royal Palms & Calico Jacks seem to have outrageous prices (in my personal opinion..) from reviews that i've read. I'm now looking into Surfside as they actually have their menus online and their prices look decent ($4.50 for a beer, $8 for a pina colada, $13 entrees). According to their website they have lots of excursions offered. Has anyone been//reviews?? How far is it from the port/taxi prices

Edited by xxdance8chikxx

We went to Seagrape....chair/umbrella rentals...watersport rentals, restrooms, bar/restaurant...it's all there! By bus...$2.50 pp~ Food/drink is expensive on GC...it's an EXPENSIVE place...the banking capital of the Caribbean!

Edited by cb at sea

We were at Surfside on Saturday. The prices are fairly bad everywhere...that's just Cayman, and there's no avoiding it. My personal opinion is that their food is the best of the beach clubs, as is their furniture. They've got some nice cushioned patio groupings as well as the regular tables/chairs in the restaurant area, plus their beach loungers are the white plastic ones with the blue mesh seats (rather than the solid plastic like all the other spots). Their beach is good and they have the same availabilities for rentals and such that everyone else has. I also noticed they've put in lockers ($12/day). DH doesn't like the water there, though, since he says it's a bit rockier and grassier than Royal Palms (at least as of Saturday). The water would likely be about the same at Tiki Beach, maybe a bit better at Public Beach, but DH's expert opinion is that Royal Palms is the best once you're in the water. (I dragged him to Surfside against his preferences 'cause I like the food and seating way better.)

So, if your priority is the swimming conditions, I'd go to Royal Palms. If your priority is the food or the furniture, I'd go to Surfside.

Surfside is the second last beach club, between Calico Jacks/Public Beach and Tiki Beach, and it's just past where the beachfront road takes a detour at Public Beach and moves away from the waterline for a bit, so I'd guess it's going to be $6-8 pp for a taxi maybe? You could just get dropped off at Public Beach and walk the 100 yards or so to Surfside, however.

Edited by bookbabe

We were at Surfside on Saturday. The prices are fairly bad everywhere...that's just Cayman, and there's no avoiding it. My personal opinion is that their food is the best of the beach clubs, as is their furniture. They've got some nice cushioned patio groupings as well as the regular tables/chairs in the restaurant area, plus their beach loungers are the white plastic ones with the blue mesh seats (rather than the solid plastic like all the other spots). Their beach is good and they have the same availabilities for rentals and such that everyone else has. I also noticed they've put in lockers ($12/day). DH doesn't like the water there, though, since he says it's a bit rockier and grassier than Royal Palms (at least as of Saturday). The water would likely be about the same at Tiki Beach, maybe a bit better at Public Beach, but DH's expert opinion is that Royal Palms is the best once you're in the water. (I dragged him to Surfside against his preferences 'cause I like the food and seating way better.)

So, if your priority is the swimming conditions, I'd go to Royal Palms. If your priority is the food or the furniture, I'd go to Surfside.

Surfside is the second last beach club, between Calico Jacks/Public Beach and Tiki Beach, and it's just past where the beachfront road takes a detour at Public Beach and moves away from the waterline for a bit, so I'd guess it's going to be $6-8 pp for a taxi maybe? You could just get dropped off at Public Beach and walk the 100 yards or so to Surfside, however.

Can you just walk down the beach to the different beaches/beach clubs? I am interested in trying them all! :o

Can you just walk down the beach to the different beaches/beach clubs? I am interested in trying them all! :o

Absolutely. You may be a bit tired and sunburnt by the end of it, though... :grin: