upsell ?

megann831

how far out from your sail date do you get the upsell call? Do they usually go for the most experienced cruisers? We've only been on one Carnival Cruise before so I'm thinking there are alot of people ahead of us. We have an ocean suite on the Pride, there is one grand suite available, it looks like its quite a bit bigger, and since there will be 4 of us the bigger the better.

how far out from your sail date do you get the upsell call? Do they usually go for the most experienced cruisers? We've only been on one Carnival Cruise before so I'm thinking there are alot of people ahead of us. We have an ocean suite on the Pride, there is one grand suite available, it looks like its quite a bit bigger, and since there will be 4 of us the bigger the better.

We got a call exactly one week before our Ecstacy cruise in January. We went from a balcony to a grand suite with an extended balcony for $300 (it was only a 4 night cruise). It was a beautiful room, walk in closet, huge balcony and loved having the jetted bathtub for a nice hot soak before bed. Not sure how we were selected. It was our 19th cruise but the first time we'd been called for any type of an upsell/upgrade.

Don't hold your breath because most people do not get called. We're Diamond and have been on 37 cruises. We have never received an upgrade and never received an upsell call either. I don't know how people are chosen for upgrades/upsells.

Received my first up-sell on my 19th Carnival cruise just last week. They sent an e-mail 4 days before the sailing (my husband saw others on cruise critic mentioning they were contacted before us). We repeatedly called back but only got voice message. By the time I spoke to the rep the next afternoon everything was sold out. However, the rep kept me in mind if anyone canceled & 2 days before we left he called again. Aft wrap around balcony!!! LOVED it!!

I must be lucky because I have gotten the call on our last 4 Carnival cruises. It is usually 2 weeks before the cruise. I always book a balcony and it is always and upsell to a suite and I have done it all 4 times. Maybe they keep track because I take adavantage of the upgrade at the discount price. All I know is I get the suite for a lot cheaper then if I would have booked it in the first place.