Half day hotel in ft. Lauderdale

Loganpaulsmom

Hi all, with just about a month until my first cruise we are frantically trying to tie up all our loose ends. One of which is, we have a 3:00 flight out of Fort Lauderdale. But, with departing so early in the morning we are looking for a hotel on the beach that may allow us to to book a room for half a day so we can shower if we go to the beach etc.. Do any of you have any suggestions?

You can try www.between9and5.com for hotels offering day rates, but with high demand during spring break season I think you'd have better luck either with FLL airport area hotels or just booking the room for the night before, explaining to the hotel that you will not check in until 8:00-9:00 AM, and ask for a delayed check-out past the normal noon deadline.

You can try www.between9and5.com for hotels offering day rates, but with high demand during spring break season I think you'd have better luck either with FLL airport area hotels or just booking the room for the night before, explaining to the hotel that you will not check in until 8:00-9:00 AM, and ask for a delayed check-out past the normal noon deadline.

This. You'll need to leave the hotel by 1PM anyway to head to the airport.

YOur flight really isn't very "late". As stated you will need to be at the ariport by 1:30. You could stay on the ship till "last Call" about 9:45.

If interested in disembarking very early... Since it is prime time, look on Priceline or hotwire and see what you can find for the night before date as John says. Compare to a car rental for the day as then you can drive yourself to a beach, out to lunch etc.

Edited by eandj

I would not bother with a room, just a car and walk on Hollywood Beach. You'll b off the ship around 7-8 am, which means you really only have 4 -5 hours, tops.

Eat a good breakfast on the ship, disembark and deal with customs, etc, get a car, drive to beach, stroll and our or two, have lunch, leave for the airport. Depending on the terminal, I've seen it take a good hour or more to clear security.

Thank you for all your opinions and options. We know that we don't have many hours but we wanted a room on the beach for a couple of response. We have 3 kids between us and if we go on the beach we want to be able to wash off the sand before our flight. We also want somewhere to store our belongings and we want to eat a nice brunch there as it will be Easter Sunday..

Any hotels on the beach won't have day rates. They are just too popular and costly to offer them. I'd call some airport hotels and have the kids use the pool for a couple hours. They've just been on a cruise.:rolleyes:

OR...go ahead and pay the big bucks for a beach hotel and book a room for the night before. But I doubt you will like the rates for the beach hotels. For the short time the kids will get to be on the beach, I sure wouldn't do it just for the sand and shower.

Good luck!

Edited by eandj

Rent a car and head over to John Lloyd State Park in Dania Beach. They have showers and they only charge $6.00 per car load.

You can easily get there at 9 a.m. and be out of there by 1 p.m. The airport is only 10 minutes away.