Indy 3/1/14 the good the bad and the ugly

after my own experiences on the Liberty in Jan and Brillance in March really starting to think large ships are not the way to go. Good review but seams more and more of us are not having that perfect vacation as in the past (be it too many people not enough staff, other peoples attitudes, etc)

I wasn't there nor has it happened to me but if I was asked to move cabins I would sort of be unhappy that your family and friends were put in that situation (as I too would of felt bad saying no.)

Thank you for an excellent review.

The Indie is one of our favourite ships and we are saddened that she is leaving the UK after this summer season. on the other hand we will have to use her as much as possible before that happens.

We remember when Raj took over from Ken Bodoo, both great concierges.

Edited by Missus Makkem

Yes I remember hearing the behind the scenes tours were cancelled.

Sorry to hear that your friends got the dreaded noro. We all noticed that they were very proactive on board in containing everything.

nivek, we weren't asked to move cabins but to move cabanas. Believe me, cabin would have been no way. Cabana, we thought we were doing a nice gesture and it backfired on us. I have no idea if the family that we moved for knew we had been asked to move or knew of our snafus because of it, but I can tell you that the 4 of us thought if someone had done that for us, we would have wanted to find out who they were and thank them for their gesture. HA - didn't happen. Like I said, "No good deed goes unpunished."

Thanks for the great review. I was on Independence a year ago and am taking the Transatlantic. We were really hoping that they had some better entertainment in the Schooner and the Pub, but it sounds like it's the same guys. :(

Do you think so? I don't know how long their contracts are, or at what point they are in those contracts.

Jack, yeah I feel your dilemma. It was interesting not to feel compelled to rush to the CL. But we ended up there 7 of 8 nights for an hour or so. If you drink adult beverages other than beer especially during the day, you should come out ahead. They have priced it smart. Like I said, on an itinerary that does not include Coco Cay or Labadee we wouldn't have done it. It also helped that San Juan was basically a sea day when it came to drinking. ;)

Thanks for the input. I am not a heavy drinker but I do like a couple of beers during the day when at the pool and then a martini or three before dinner. I am a snob though since my martini must be Bombay Sapphire and "surprise surprise" they don't serve that in the CL or DL. My martinis are when my wife is dressing for dinner - that can take a while.

Still debating but wonder if I did take the package if I would be on the floor by the time the boss arrived at the bar....that has a tendency to spur a bunch of caustic commentary and looks....

And thank you very much for the review.

I think you have pretty much the same attitude as I do when things go wrong. I have been on enough cruises that I have had similar situations - my feeling is to go to the right person and it almost always gets fixed and quickly.

I am in kind of a rut since I like the Oasis and Allure enough that our last 10 cruises have been on one of those (except for one time on Freedom). the reason I bring that up is becaus in my very humble opinion those two ships have the best food and entertainment by far.

My wife and I along with another couple were on this sailing too. We totally concur that "Vic" was a pretty disappointing Piano Bar guy. That's usually our hangout and after hearing him the butcher most songs the first night, skipped it the rest of the cruise. That was really our only downer on this cruise other than a snafu with a reservation for Giovanni's Table.