St. Thomas--w/ Kids (help please)

JES11583

I have been to St Thomas once, which was my Honeymoon; however, this will be our first time with our 2 children. Daughter will be almost 7 by the time we go and our son will be almost 21 months old by the time we go. We are going in October (if that makes a difference).

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

We were just there last week with our kids ages 3,4,8, and 9. We had planned on taking taxis to the mountain top, to blackbeard's castle, and to the magic ice exhibit.

We ended up going up to the mountain top, looking around the great view, having a drink and doing some souvenir shopping. On the way back down with the same taxi driver we stopped at blackbeard's. It was closed but they let us come in and look around a bit. The kids might've found the tour interesting if we were there earlier. We decided to skip magic ice b/c kids were tired. We did a little shopping then returned to the ship.

I hope that helps. It's a beautiful island but we didn't find all that much to do. Some people just go to Magen's bay for a beautiful beach day. We were beached out from the previous port so we didn't want a beach.

Your kids would enjoy the Butterfly Garden at Havensight. The little ones love to chase the butterflies. Depending on what you're wearing, they may actually land on you.

They would also like the bird show at Paradise Point.

There's also Coral World where they get to touch many of the animals.

Then of course, there's the beach!

Agree with the Butterfly Farm and that's within walking distance from your ship, and Paradise Point is a great spot to get a drink before it gets too crowded, and the Bird Lady's show is a lot of fun, both kids would love that.

Ms411 is her schedule posted in any of the newspapers?

Other than that a nice beach day is the typical thing for STT, Morningstar is closest to Havensight, and you could probably do the BF, the beach, and then taxi or tram up to PP. You can walk from the tram back to the ship if you take the tram down. Tram passes are usually available at your excursions desk for about $18pp, I think the young one would be free.

Have a great return visit!