Opinion/Advice about kids going to kids club vs. show on the first night

asdjl

Hello,

I am going on my second cruise (the other one was 22 years ago!) and my kids (13,10,8) are going on their first (Getaway, Eastern Caribbean, April 19), and I had a question after reading the Family cruising board.

I was planning on going to Illusionarium the first night, but just read that it is good for the kids to get introduced to the kids club the first night, as many of the other kids are there and groups already start to form, etc.

Does anyone here have an opinion on this?

Thanks!

[quote name='asdjl']Hello,

I am going on my second cruise (the other one was 22 years ago!) and my kids (13,10,8) are going on their first (Getaway, Eastern Caribbean, April 19), and I had a question after reading the Family cruising board.

I was planning on going to Illusionarium the first night, but just read that it is good for the kids to get introduced to the kids club the first night, as many of the other kids are there and groups already start to form, etc.

Does anyone here have an opinion on this?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

My daughter has been cruising since she was 7 years old. Don't make plans for the first night. It is extremely important for your kids to be in the kids club on night 1. They DO form their groups / cliques fast. On the other hand, if you are doing the 5:45 pm seating, then it's not a problem. They really do need to be in the kids club at 8 (when it starts on night 1), or shortly thereafter.