NCL What a rip off

TNGALOHA

OP -

Show me another mass market line that will adjust your price downward after final payment.

At least they offered you some OBC. They were under no obligation to offer you anything at all.

NCL isn't a rip-off. You just had unrealistic expectations/hopes and are upset that you didn't get your way.

I agree, it's well after final payment.

Which cruise ship are you sailing. I have family sailing on the Jewel on April 6th.

Don't give up on NCL. They are actually quite reasonable about price adjustments. The problem was your timing. After final payment, to be offered an OBC is very generous of them. We've always been able to get the reduced price for our cabin category when we arrange it through our travel agent, BEFORE final payment. You're lucky they offered something after that date.

Two ways to get lower price is, as already mentioned, to book last-minute, hoping prices have dropped. Second way, which we usually do, is to book more than 9 months out. We usually find that prices only go up later.

For your next cruise, it may pay you to frequently check the pricing, look for specials (EASYFARE, WAVE, etc.) before final payment is due. Sometimes we learn about sales through Cruise Critic Message Board and the Roll Call for our sailing. We make a point to 'book' our cabin on NCL's web site, to see if there's a price reduction. It's not unusual for pricing to come down before final payment, depending on bookings. For example, our Bahamas cabin price came down and we were able to get the new lower price without losing our original OBC by keeping the same reservation number. But for our September Canada/New England and 9-day E. Caribbean in December, the prices have only gone UP! :eek:

Sincerely hope you're able to put this behind you and enjoy this cruise.

Patricia

Most of the time when the price drops, the perks go away too.

Maybe you paid $340 more, but were also offered OBC or something similar when booking.

My cruise price dropped $300 and I was given $75 OBC, but I also already had $100 OBC when I booked, which isn't being offered with the less expensive rate. So really my loss is only $125, which is well worth it since I have the cabin and location I want. The rooms left for this cheaper price are not in the best of locations.

Hope you enjoy your cruise! :)

UPDATE:

Just talked to NCL. They reposted the prices so they are now exactly what the OP originally paid. Therefore, the poster is totally satisfied.

(not really...but just making a point - he was HAPPY with what he paid) I get so sick of a new posting like this about every 3-4 days. Illogical, unhappy, moaning and groaning.

Just an FYI there are credit cards that offer price protection up to 90 days.

And retail establishments will usually give you a refund on the difference if an item you bought goes on sale within 14 days of purchase

Usually the big dept stores will anyway. Just go to the returns desk with your receipt

UPDATE:

Just talked to NCL. They reposted the prices so they are now exactly what the OP originally paid. Therefore, the poster is totally satisfied.

(not really...but just making a point - he was HAPPY with what he paid) I get so sick of a new posting like this about every 3-4 days. Illogical, unhappy, moaning and groaning.

I understand your point and agree. But just think about it. Ncl lowers prices to generate bookings grabs those bookings and then goes back up. A good way to quickly raise cash for them I would think

The bean counters are at work.

My thoughts on booking. Don't do it unless you are sure you are happy and willing to pay the price at the time you booked. 1/2 of the 10 or so past cruises I have been on fares dropped, a couple raised and some stayed the same. Be happy when you can take advantage of a price drop, don't be sour if you are not eligable.

I book direct through the cruiseline and have rarely had a problem getting some OBC or price reduction when the prices drop.

I like a discount like anyone else, but I don't expect it to happen.

Purchasing a cruise you sign a contract, like buying a new car or motorcycle. When are you entitled too a refund on them after you sign the contract?

I disagree with one of the posters on here. Always look back. If the OP would not have looked back $80 would not have been offered. But be prepared if nothing is offered you bought when you saw a good price.

As to the rude supervisor. Could it be that you did not hear what you wanted to hear and kept going after her. She told you the right thing., She could not talk to you., you booked through a TA.

UPDATE:

Always wonder why people complain about these posts when they don't have to read them.