Honey Stung Chicken or Chicken Tenders??

Lord, I hope not. Chicken Tenders don't excite me much; they remind me of a a Mickey D's Kids Meal! I'm one of the Honey Stung Chicken fans, and I'll be sailing Navigator in May. Honey Stung is always part of my first day boarding ritual...LOL :cool:

(Yep, I've heard ALL of the pro/con discussions on the subject in other threads.)

What is honey stung chicken? I don't think they had it on Carnival.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

"At its core, honey stung chicken is a breaded chicken cutlet that is served in the Windjammer. Over the years more and more cruises started talking about it so its legend continues to grow.

Honey stung chicken is served in the Windjammer but the catch is it's only served on embarkation day. So if you don't get it on that first day you board your Royal Caribbean cruise, then you are out of luck until your next cruise. We have heard of instances where honey stung chicken is sometimes available via room service as well.

Frankly, its popularity is hard to pin-point but we think because it's only served on embarkation day, it gets rave reviews because people associate it with the start of their cruise and let's face it, everyone is the happiest on the day their cruise vacation they have been looking forward to is finally starting.

Of course, that's not to take away from what the food is: a tasty piece of boneless fried chicken that is always a good choice when going down the buffet line.

Honey Stung Chicken Recipe

3- 4 boneless chicken breasts

1/2 cup honey

2 Tbs raspberry or cider vinegar

2/3 cup flour

2 Tbs fine dry bread crumbs

2 tsp ground cayenne pepper

2 eggs

1/4 cup buttermilk

1 cup vegetable oil

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Vegetable oil for frying"

Edited by comxkid

Has the honey stung chicken been replaced with chicken tenders? Any recent cruisers could you please comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

? Have no idea but it is D Son in laws favorite! I must have had it but didn't pay intention. On next cruise in June I will def make sure if they have it I will try it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No honey stung chicken on the Adventure a few weeks ago, and according to a friend currently on the Freedom - no honey stung chicken there either! What is the world coming to??? :eek:

Was on the Adventure room service menu on the TA.....

IMG_2534.jpg

With mash, gravy and a salad in WindJammer......

WP_000520.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece
Added pic

Is it kind of a sweet and salty thing? And is the chicken swimming in honey?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not swimming in honey, but you can taste the mild sweetness of it. It's not my thing....I'm not a fan of sweetened meat (or fruit in my beer, but that's another subject).

Not swimming in honey, but you can taste the mild sweetness of it. It's not my thing....I'm not a fan of sweetened meat (or fruit in my beer, but that's another subject).

A blue moon would go gd right about now:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was on the Adventure room service menu on the TA.....

IMG_2534.jpg

I just read on an explorer review that when the person ordered honey stung from room service they delivered chicken tenders instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No honey stung chicken on the Adventure a few weeks ago, and according to a friend currently on the Freedom - no honey stung chicken there either! What is the world coming to??? :eek:

I hope you are Joking Ckrobyn

Honey Stung Chicken is NOT Great

Has the honey stung chicken been replaced with chicken tenders? Any recent cruisers could you please comment.

But back to the original post....is this another attempt to replace a "favorite" item with something cheaper and easier to cook? Hopefully not.

Maybe a temporary shortage of boneless chicken breasts?

Our first week on Adventure my parents placed an order for Honey Stung Chicken from room service...got these gross looking dried up chicken tenders instead. She (mom) said they weren't even "honey kissed"

Edited by Mykitteh

Wow. I can't believe this chicken is so popular that it is a topic of conversation. I had it on my last two cruises and absolutely LOVED it. My DW and I looked for it on the rest of the cruise. I did not realize that it was only served on the first day in the WJ. There is usually a sauce next to the chicken which I think is a Teriyaki sauce. A bit salty, but goes really well. Thanks for the info. Well be making our way to the WJ immediately on embarkation in search of the illusive HONEY STUNG CHICKEN!!:D:D