Post-Cruise Hotel

Snupee2

At some point I heard that there was a nice hotel that took "day" reservations?

The day we get back from our cruise, our flight isn't until 7pm so we thought it would be nice to find a nice hotel with a pool where we could store our luggage and hang out until we had to go to the airport.

Suggestions??

Thanks,

Karen

Not sure what port or city you are talking about? :confused:

www.between9and5.com is one source for hotels offering these deals -- usually depends upon demand so if you are asking about day-rooms during peak tourist season or holiday weeks you are likely out of luck. Since normal check-in is 3:00 PM you could reserve the room for the night before, check-in as soon as you get off the ship, and request a delayed departure until 3-4:00 or so when you leave for the airport.

Your other option is to call the hotels directly for day-rates -- I'd start with airport area hotels that are used to dealing with late checkouts and early arrivals. Call the hotels directly - not the central reservation 1-800 number.

The only nice hotel that I've heard of with a day rate was Pelican Grand, but that was a few years ago and I believe they stopped. There is an old motel called Rodeway Inn that offers day rates and has a pool and it's by the airport. I wouldn't call it a nice hotel but it might meet your needs.

I know NCL and maybe other cruise lines offer to take your luggage to the airport for you for a small fee. This worked out well for us on our last cruise from Miami. We were in the same situation you were in with a later flight out. Our luggage was picked up at our room the evening before, and we didnt see it again until we got off our flight back home. In the meantime we bummed around town and did a everglade tour.