OK Carnival, still waiting!

whitecap

Several months ago Carnival, the City of Norfolk and the Governor of Virginia all announced that Carnival was returning to the Port of Norfolk for 2015. I have a hard time believing that they would make this announcement without already knowing what ship, what dates, itinerary, etc. Why can't you tell everyone so plans can be made? Come on Carnival, waiting on you. Does anyone have any information?

I asked Jon Heald and he said it would be the end of this month when they are the announcement. That was a few weeks ago though so who knows what might have changed since then.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I know that a lot of people like JH and swear by his information but I have found that it is not always the latest or most accurate. Anyway, I'm still waiting!

Ugh, why carnival?? Wish it was a better cruise line going to Norfolk :(

We had the same kind of thoughts however decided to give Carnival a try; sailed out of Norfolk on the Glory and had a great time; then tried Baltimore sailing on the Pride and again had a very nice time. Neither cruise was like we were told it most likely would be. Also, Norfolk is ten minute drive.

Never been on a bad cruise! I just dont care for the decor of Carnival ships or a few other things that other lines do better. :p

Agree about the decor. We found it dark and gloomy. We do Princess mostly and really enjoy their ships. We have also done a Celebrity (Equinox) and had a great time.

Agree about the decor. We found it dark and gloomy. We do Princess mostly and really enjoy their ships. We have also done a Celebrity (Equinox) and had a great time.

Carnival loves you taking "Carnival" ships or "Princess" ships as they own them both......they will not be as happy about the Celebrity cruise. Whoever you sail on have a happy cruise.

I am hoping they will offer some really long Eastern and Southern Caribbean cruises out of Norfolk as well, likely Bermuda and Bahamas though.

It would be nice to not have to travel to Miami.

Several months ago Carnival, the City of Norfolk and the Governor of Virginia all announced that Carnival was returning to the Port of Norfolk for 2015. I have a hard time believing that they would make this announcement without already knowing what ship, what dates, itinerary, etc. Why can't you tell everyone so plans can be made? Come on Carnival, waiting on you. Does anyone have any information?

I know that a lot of people like JH and swear by his information but I have found that it is not always the latest or most accurate. Anyway, I'm still waiting!

He is given the information from the beards.. Sometimes they change there mind or change policy and everyone blames JH..

My "inside sources" tell me it will be before the end of April. Several cruise lines haven't announced all of their 2015 itineraries yet for specific ports. And don't forget it won't be until October of 2015, so there will still be plenty of time to plan.

Who am I kidding? I don't have any "inside sources", but if CNN and the other news channels can make up phantom sources, why can't I. LOL :D I'm still betting we'll see it by the end of April though.

Looks like those who want to sail from Norfolk in 2015 will have six opportunities. Carnival has announced the Splendor will be sailing from there several times between May and October, 2015.

Here's some of the details:

• A two-night cruise departing May 16, 2015;

• Three five-night Bahamas cruises calling on Nassau and Freeport, departing May 11 and 18, and October 12, 2015;

• A six-night Bahamas sailing stopping at Half Moon Cay, Nassau and Freeport, departing October 17, 2015;

• And a seven-night Bermuda cruise featuring a three-day visit to the country, departing October 23, 2015

Edited by 1313steve

Looks like those who want to sail from Norfolk in 2015 will have six opportunities. Carnival has announced the Splendor will be sailing from there several times between May and October, 2015.

Here's some of the details:

• A two-night cruise departing May 16, 2015;

• Three five-night Bahamas cruises calling on Nassau and Freeport, departing May 11 and 18, and October 12, 2015;

• A six-night Bahamas sailing stopping at Half Moon Cay, Nassau and Freeport, departing October 17, 2015;

• And a seven-night Bermuda cruise featuring a three-day visit to the country, departing October 23, 2015

Wow. Bet that Bermuda cruise books up fast :).

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The faster that Bermuda cruise books, the more they will have the following year. Those cruises are test cruises finding what the area wants up in this area. And how much they can charge and get away with. I'd personally love to see the vista out of NYC going to Bermuda like the breakaway does.

Oh wow, we were hoping they would send more cruises than 5 out...

We were excited also because, even though Charleston, SC is close, Norfolk, VA would be the same distance (and way closer than the other ports for NC residences).. I am hoping that every booking fills up quickly and they decide to send more sailings out.