Food tour in Nice, France

Carnevale

We'll be spending a few days in Nice and would like to do a .5 to 1 day city tour (on foot or via other transportation) that focuses on local food and wine (food is the main focus; wine is optional but very nice to include). If anyone has any recommendations it would be terrific to hear from you.

Ok, so you want interesting food in Nice (which has lots of decent cafes/and restaurants). I would recommend you Google a tiny place called La Merenda which might be a challenge as far as getting a table (it is very tiny). We first stumbled on the Chef/owner of this place (his name is Dominque Le Stanc) when he was the Chef at the famous Chanteclar restaurant in the Hotel Negresco. He treated us to possibly the best meal we had ever had in our lives (DW and I). He had then gotten his 2nd Michelin Star and taken this elegant famous restaurant to new heights. Then alas, he quite and opened a tiny place in old town, Nice (La Merenda) where he cooks simple regional food. We have never been able to eat at that place, but have it on our radar for when we are in Nice for a few nights. We also love to have lunch at any of the cafes that are arrayed around the Cours Selaya. This is also in the old town and the same place where they have the famous Flower Market (not to be missed). One of my favorite Nice treats is their fish soup (Soupe de Poisson) which is a true fish soup as opposed to the fish stew (Bouillabaise of Marseille). They serve this fish soup at most cafes.

Hank