Things to do?

smrn

We sail in 14 days and still haven't decided what to do in Belize. What's to do if we decide not to book an excursion? Are there shops (real Belize, not Carnvial) that we can walk around to?

What do you recommend? We are a group of 8 ranging from 7-65.

Thanks!

There is cave tubing, may an ruins, snorkeling, horseback riding, jeep tours. I haven't done any of them, just having a tough time trying to narrow them down.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I would book something, the Mayan Ruins in Belize are wonderful.

The cruise port is pretty average as far as what is inside the port but it is right in the middle of Belize City and I would not recommend just wandering around outside the port, and the country is beautiful once you get outside the city.

Edited by jaasb0808

We did the ship sponsored Lamanai Mayan Ruins excursion in Belize. It was fantastic! It's the type of excursion the whole family can enjoy. Just make sure you wear hats, sunscreen, comfortable shoes, and take bottled water with you.

You might enjoy seeing the pictures my wife took and made into a slideshow for her website. It will give you a very nice short version of our tour. Click on the link below to go there.

Lamanai Mayan Ruins in Belize

Happy cruising!

Edited by JimAOk1945

We did the ship sponsored Lamanai Mayan Ruins excursion in Belize. It was fantastic! It's the type of excursion the whole family can enjoy. Just make sure you wear hats, sunscreen, comfortable shoes, and take bottled water with you.

You might enjoy seeing the pictures my wife took and made into a slideshow for her website. It will give you a very nice short version of our tour. Click on the link below to go there.

Lamanai Mayan Ruins in Belize

Happy cruising!

Great slideshow, loved the pics. Question, the boat ride to reach the ruins, was it 90 min, each way?

Great slideshow, loved the pics. Question, the boat ride to reach the ruins, was it 90 min, each way?

I'm not sure how long the boat ride was because the guide would stop the boat from time to time so passengers could see something like a croc, bird, monkey, etc. It made for good photo opportunities for my wife and others.

Many will disagree but I would book something though the cruise line or not book at all in Belize. So much easier in this tender port to book through the cruise line with the comfort factor of not having to worry about the timing of your excursion.

LuLu

~~~

Many will disagree but I would book something though the cruise line or not book at all in Belize. So much easier in this tender port to book through the cruise line with the comfort factor of not having to worry about the timing of your excursion.

LuLu

~~~

I agree! We booked through the cruise line. I highly recommend it.