Favorite food

eheif

I loved the pictures! thanks....I'm worried: too much food, too little time, but I have one thing going for me...I don't eat seafood... I eat chicken, turkey, ham, and a very limited amount of beef, so I will be able to try more of the things I want. Too bad I can't pronounce most of the food! (I'm only 19 w/ a very sheltered life!)

I love their hazelnut ice cream -- delicious! And I often order the fettucini alfredo as a side dish to my main meal. Their soups are also generally delicious. I've had the lobster and since I can get it so fresh here, I've found the lobster overdone and tasteless, served with melted margarine rather than real melted butter. It's fine if you can't have the best any time you want it. :) The "maple syrup" also is not real -- it's just a maple-flavored sugar syrup, kinda like Aunt Jemima <gag>. The made-to-order omelettes and "over easy" eggs at breakfast in the Buffet are great. I think it's amazing that they do so much made-to-order food in the buffet. Oh, and their pastas at dinner are generally fabulous.

Anything I don't have to cook but definitely:

Escargot Bourgionne

Lobster

Love Boat Dream

Lobster

French Onion Soup

Lobster

Chilled Strawberry Soup

Did I say Lobster ????

Chilled Pina Colada Soup (with a splash of rum!)

Eggs Benedict

Raspberry Creme' Brule'

Gayle

Since I'm an adventurous eater, I love to order things I've never tried [not much left on that list] or things I haven't had in a long time. If I don't care for whatever it is, no matter, they're going to feed me again in 20 minutes or so. :)

Dan

I order an appetizer size portion of the alfredo every night.

Prosciutto and provolone with the fresh baked rolls in the Horizon Court at night are one of my favorites. :D

Chocolate Hazelnut Souffle. Insanely good!

I second that. Actually all of the desserts were excellent. It was quite funny to be seated at a table for 2 and order a total of 6-8 desserts a night and eat them all up. YUMMY!

I also loved the prime rib and lobster. DH ate 12 lobster tails.

So then escargot is available on Princess? Never been on Princess before but I am considering it!

Laura

On 10 days cruise, escargot and French onion soup are on the French Nite and they are so gooood. Princess also has the best Souffle (any kind), warm and light.

Can't wait to have some of those in October. Hope Caribbean Princess will have a French Nite.

My favorite Princess meals would include surf & turf (lobster & filet), lamb/veal chop( with a nice bottle of Opus), special pastas, creme brulee, chocolate souffle with vanilla sauce.

For breakfast I love the cinammon bread they make.

I love the souflees on Princess (all of them)! Though I don't count the peach almond one as a souffle - this one fools me most of the time and I forget what it is and I order it. The Harlequin souflee is my favorite!

Princess has an excellent lasagna in the dining room for lunch -it has a light white sauce and is excellent. There is a red pasta on Italian night that I really like - it is on the vegetarian menu and they often have the head waiters make this (somewhat) near the tables. I also like the spinach salad this night (with cheese and pine nuts). I love the pizza also - especially on the Sun class ships.

For breakfast, Princess sometimes has blueberry pancakes in the dining room - these are very good!

My favorite Princess meals would include surf & turf (lobster & filet), lamb/veal chop( with a nice bottle of Opus), special pastas, creme brulee, chocolate souffle with vanilla sauce.

For breakfast I love the cinammon bread they make.

Opus is one of my favorite wines! Is this something you brought on board with you or one of the wines that Princess carries?

Opus is one of my favorite wines! Is this something you brought on board with you or one of the wines that Princess carries?

Fantazy,

Opus is available on Princess ships and is also offered at the special Maitre' d's wine tasting.

Cheers!

Chris

Fantazy,

Opus is available on Princess ships and is also offered at the special Maitre' d's wine tasting.

Cheers!

Chris

Chris,

You have just made my day. Opus is one of my favorites, but I do not buy it very often and the cost is a bit inhibitive. I usually only buy it for special occasions and at the moment I cannot think of a more special occasion than my first cruise!

You don't happen to know how much a bottle is onboard do you?

Princess has an excellent lasagna in the dining room for lunch -it has a light white sauce and is excellent.

For breakfast, Princess sometimes has blueberry pancakes in the dining room - these are very good!

I didn't know about either of these...I'll have to pay more attention! Yum!

Chris,

You have just made my day. Opus is one of my favorites, but I do not buy it very often and the cost is a bit inhibitive. I usually only buy it for special occasions and at the moment I cannot think of a more special occasion than my first cruise!

You don't happen to know how much a bottle is onboard do you?

Fantazy,

I have two copies of Princess Grapevine that is distributed at wine tastings, but I'm not sure what years they're from. One shows Opus I at $119, the other $148. I suspect the latter price is the more recent, but it may not be from this year. The price is likely higher now.

I definitely think your first cruise is worth celebrating with a bottle of the finest wine.

Bon Voyage

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Archived