Private Tour Guide in Penang, Malaysia

MalibuCA

My husband and I will be in Penang on the Crystal Symphony, and we are looking for a great English-speaking tour guide. Although the ship's shore excursions have not be made available yet, I have looked at what has been offered on previous cruises. A few of the excursions look very good, but there isn't one that includes ALL the sights that I want to see. We will no doubt require a driver, too, or at least a guide who also serves as the driver, in order to get around to all of the sights that we want to visit. Has anyone had a great private guide in Penang that you could recommend, please?

Thanks,

Shelley

Can I recommend to you Mr Rama, the rickshaw driver outside the famous Eastern & Oriental Hotel.

He is of Indian extraction, speaks fluent English, and knows everyone in Georgetown.

We had a rickshaw tour of the downtown area with him one day, and he came with us as a guide the next day in our rental car travelling round the island.

We met up with him again last year, but he had breathing problems, so he arranged an excellent min-van driver to take us all around for a great price.

His mobile phone number is: +60 16-407-4926. Send him a text or phone via Skype - double check the time difference.

Edited by Bollinge

• 2 weeks later...