New ship names?

I'm partial to themes within the class-either in meaning like freedom, liberty and Independence or "shiney" things like Radiance class or by "sound". So in the case of Anthem and Quantum I want a name that ends with "M". The latest Oasis class needs a vowel at the beginning and it needs to express the uniquely large and comprehensive quality of these ships- they are like an oasis and alluring!

As for the actual names- maybe Atrium for Quantum class or Essence for oasis class. I'll leave that to the marketing gurus, but that's what would "sound" right to me!

Edited by Familygoboston

I'm partial to themes within the class-either in meaning like freedom, liberty and Independence or "shiney" things like Radiance class or by "sound". So in the case of Anthem and Quantum I want a name that ends with "M". The latest Oasis class needs a vowel at the beginning and it needs to express the uniquely large and comprehensive quality of these ships- they are like an oasis and alluring!

As for the actual names- maybe Atrium for Quantum class or Essence for oasis class. I'll leave that to the marketing gurus, but that's what would "sound" right to me!

Do you like Spectrum for Q3? And I like Essence for O3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I agree. However, I think Allure is more punchy than Oasis. What was the Vision class called when the Vision didn't debut yet? Why did they name the class after the last one?

Actually the Vision class is not truly one class of ships. It is 3 different pairs of twins built at two different shipyards.

Godmother: Jessica Simpson

Or christened by Charlie the Tuna.........

Monstrosity of the Seas

Overpriced of the Seas

Hand me Your Wallet of the Seas

When Is Enough Enough of the Seas

Ran Out of Ideas of the Seas

Or christened by Charlie the Tuna.........

Monstrosity of the Seas

Overpriced of the Seas

Hand me Your Wallet of the Seas

When Is Enough Enough of the Seas

Ran Out of Ideas of the Seas

It puzzles me when fictional characters are godmothers of ships, such as Fiona or Tinkerbell.

It puzzles me when fictional characters are godmothers of ships, such as Fiona or Tinkerbell.

That would sound like something Disney would do.....AFAIK, all of the cruise lines still use living, breathing humans to christen their ships, but guess that's always subject to change...

That would sound like something Disney would do.....AFAIK, all of the cruise lines still use living, breathing humans to christen their ships, but guess that's always subject to change...

Fiona is the Godmother to the Allure of the Seas

Tinkerbell is Godmother to the Disney Wonder

I would have liked "Song of the Seas", but I think that's going to be the title of a movie soon. It would have fit as a follow up for Anthem.

Maybe "Siren of the Seas" It nautical, but not much like the names of these two ship classes.

RCCL did have the Song of America which we sailed on (2/2/1986)...before all ships became of the Seas.

Perhaps the next Oasis Class should be the Colossus of the Seas :):):):)

Edited by cruiseclues

Wikipedia is not a reliable source for information as anyone can change the contents. I won a nice little bet here for charity a few years back concerning the drinking age in Puerto Rico... :) ;)

It tends to be somewhat reliable even though occasionally wrong...at least in comparison to a large number of sites on the internet...it might be higher in reliability...and it may sometimes continue to change when errors are discovered. :):):):)

Edited by cruiseclues

It tends to be somewhat reliable even though occasionally wrong...at least in comparison to a large number of sites on the internet...it might be higher in reliability...and it may sometimes continue to change when errors are discovered. :):):):)

In my opinion, Wikipedia is mostly reliable, but it is mainly a source for general information. And I'm going to contact RCCL to suggest names. So far, I'm suggesting Essence for O3 and Spectrum for Q3. Any other suggestions?

In my opinion, Wikipedia is mostly reliable, but it is mainly a source for general information. And I'm going to contact RCCL to suggest names. So far, I'm suggesting Essence for O3 and Spectrum for Q3. Any other suggestions?

I want my finder's fee for Essence!!!

RCCL did have the Song of America which we sailed on (2/2/1986)...before all ships became of the Seas.

Perhaps the next Oasis Class should be the Colossus of the Seas :):):):)

I sailed Song of America before she left the fleet!

I like it, but I read it is speculum ... which would be less ideal :eek:[/Quote]

Umm if the ship was one of those I do not want to be on it! :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
Come on people! "Elvis of the Seas" is perfect! They could paint big sideburns on the sides, and of course I would be available for "Godfather" duties!

Elvis 1209

And the upholstery would all be velvet and the MDR would offer PB&B (banana) as a specialty main course.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Come on people! "Elvis of the Seas" is perfect! They could paint big sideburns on the sides, and of course I would be available for "Godfather" duties!

Elvis 1209

And, of course, Priscilla would be the Godmother. Which, I think, out ranks the Godfather. But one thing I know, you would demand a cigar bar.