Drink Package but not for Room Service

forceten

We are going on are first cruise this june :) and picked the free drink packages. This way we can try lots of different drinks and coffees and not worry about how much they cost if we don't like them (well up to the free drink limit $8).

I knew the package didn't include the mini bar, which was fine. But then we read the fine print and it also doesn't include room service? So that being said, is there anything free drink wise from room service? Bottled water? Morning plain coffee? Juice? Or is every drink room service brings chargeable and we have to go get a drink and bring it back if we want it for no charge?

Included beverages on the room service menu are coffee, tea, juice (not fresh squeezed orange juice, though), lemonade, iced tea, the fruit punch drink, hot chocolate, maybe some others.

All carbonated drinks, all alcoholic drinks and all bottled waters, both fizzy and still need to be purchased elsewhere and brought back to your room yourself, unless you are Aqua Class and have bottled water included in your cruise fare.

Included beverages on the room service menu are coffee, tea, juice (not fresh squeezed orange juice, though),

Fresh squeezed orange juice was no charge on our room service menu - is that because we were in Aqua class?

It really is no problem to stock up a few extra waters or sodas and take them to your room when you have the drink package. The bartenders will be happy to not open them if you ask.

Just put them in the mini frig.

It really is no problem to stock up a few extra waters or sodas and take them to your room when you have the drink package. The bartenders will be happy to not open them if you ask.

Beer and cider too!

Agree. On Summit last year, we made it our nightly ritual to each get a bottle of water from a bartender or waiter when we were headed back to our cabin for the evening. Then had in the morning for room service.

Thanks guys, we are treating ourselves to aqua class for our first cruise :)

I was more interested in having breakfast one morning on the balcony with some coffee and juice. I had thought at first drink package and no charge, then I saw the disclaimer. Good to know basic drinks (and fresh squeezed OJ for us) is included with room service!

How is regular coffee on the summit? I'm not a coffee snob or anything but still I have had coffee on vacation before that just was...... well YUCK! :D

Thanks guys, we are treating ourselves to aqua class for our first cruise :)

I was more interested in having breakfast one morning on the balcony with some coffee and juice. I had thought at first drink package and no charge, then I saw the disclaimer. Good to know basic drinks (and fresh squeezed OJ for us) is included with room service!

How is regular coffee on the summit? I'm not a coffee snob or anything but still I have had coffee on vacation before that just was...... well YUCK! :D

Room Service coffee is uhhh...ek? It is OK and surely better than nothing. It will do fine with your breakfast, but if you really have a craving for coffee, outside of the basic "wake me up" then go to Cafe Al Bacio. Excellent coffee drinks.

With this being said, we always order coffee with breakfast room service, but we typically make a stop at Cafe Al Bacio...maybe have them add some whiskey, kahlua or baileys to your coffee :rolleyes:

For the most part you can get any beverage that is no-extra charge (included in basic cruise fare) in the ship's various dining areas at no extra charge from room service. There is a good number of items. Here is a link to a posting of mine on an older thread about this: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28137836

Likewise any beverage that costs extra has the same extra cost when purchased from the mini bar or room services although, as you know, this only relates to ala carte purchases of drinks charged to your seapass and not to items otherwise available with the unlimited beverage packages.

Opinions about the ship's basic, no-extra charge, coffee vary quite a bit. Personally I've never liked it at all. The last two cruises we've had one of the non-alcoholic packages and my wife had room service delivery of a latte from Café al Bacio every morning. Guess who provided this "room service" by getting the coffee and bringing it back.:D They will make your coffee in to-go cups on request.

If you have the package you can bring most of the extra charge drinks included in the package back to your cabin from one of the bars - but you'll have to get them yourself and can only get one per package holder at a time. However if both you and your cabin mate have a package then you can get two drinks to bring back by taking both cards with you to present to the server.

Edited by Lsimon

We are going on are first cruise this june ?

M-Class or S-Class? If you are on an S there is a self serve expresso/coffee machine in the Hideaway on deck 7. Not bad if you do a red eye ;)

The regular coffee is standard nuttin special about it joe:D

M-Class or S-Class? If you are on an S there is a self serve expresso/coffee machine in the Hideaway on deck 7. Not bad if you do a red eye ;)

The regular coffee is standard nuttin special about it joe:D

This would only apply to Silhouette, and presumably Reflection, as the other S class ships do not have a "Hideaway" area. When we were on Silhouette in 2012 they had the same type of coffee maker that they used in the buffet there. No espresso and I didn't think the coffee was any better.

This would only apply to Silhouette, and presumably Reflection, as the other S class ships do not have a "Hideaway" area. When we were on Silhouette in 2012 they had the same type of coffee maker that they used in the buffet there. No espresso and I didn't think the coffee was any better.

We sailed the Reflection.