Our very first upsell offer!!

bjd2

This is our 6th cruise and we've never gotten a call or email until an hour ago. We are in a 6K scenic ocean view (only 4 on the ship) on the Sunshine on 3/30. I booked about a year in advance and many dates didn't have one of these rooms available.

I only checked on the offer to see what it was since it would have to be something awesome for me to give up this room.

We were offered to upgrade to a Spa balcony for $300 total, for the two of us. We don't use the spa but if we did that would be a great deal for us. If we weren't in such a special type of room this time we might consider it.

I said no, and confirmed that my booking remained untouched.

I've been mock booking our sailing and every category seems to have rooms available.

You absolutely made the right choice. I don't think it was a good deal at all. You could buy a pass to the spa for $250 for the both of you and still had been $50 ahead and kept you current room. Plus, I would rather try one of those scenic ocean view rooms.

Sharon

I've been so excited to have the Captain's view for a long time. I told hubby about it tonight and he was glad I didn't give up our special room. I will happily spend the $300 on something else! :D

I would call this offer a downgrade as oppose to an upsell. As others stated, the spa pass doesn't cost $300.00, and you get to keep your large 320 sq.ft. cabin with unparalled views. For that type of uncharge I would expect at least an OS or possibly even a GS.

I would call this offer a downgrade as oppose to an upsell. As others stated, the spa pass doesn't cost $300.00, and you get to keep your large 320 sq.ft. cabin with unparalled views. For that type of uncharge I would expect at least an OS or possibly even a GS.

I can't wait! They would have had to offer us a suite for free and then I'd still have to think about it :rolleyes:

Is the Sunshine the only ship with this room category? It sounds like a room I'd love to have! Did you just luck out when booking it?

They also have them on the Glory, Conquest, and Valor. I booked my next cruise in large part to get one of the scenic oceanviews. Spa Balcony is nice, but really just a balcony with spa benefits. You can pay for the couples package cheaper than $300, so OP did the right thing to keep her room. There's only 2 of those on the ships that have them. 4 of the 6Js.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

You made a wise decision to decline the upsell. 6K cabins are so rare and unique, you will not regret your decision. I had a 6K on the Conquest repositioning cruise from San Juan to Miami last year and it was fantastic. We could have upgraded to a Lido balcony for less money, but decided against it. The views and all that extra space are worth it!

We sailed in one of the Sunshine 6K Grand Scenic Oceanview cabins at the end of February. Fabulous room in my opinion! We never received an upsell offer, but I would have turned them down flat. Those cabins are so few and have to basically be booked far in advance. By comparison, I can pay to get a Carnival balcony just about anytime on any ship.

We were a party of three and there was plenty of room. Loved the view and Hunter Douglas blinds! My only gripe is too few drawers for storage.

Edited by logan25

Hhhmmm. we have a scenic oceanview booked for next Feb on the Valor. I wonder if we will get an upsell call of some kind? Not sure if I would give up that room though, I am so excited about our cabin!!!

Edited by ILUVCRUIZN

I have that room on my Puerto Rico cruise in September, and I won't swap it for ANYTHING else!!

Good move. We had to book a cruise more than a year out to get that room. (all other options were sold out for nearer cruises!!)

My husband and I have the same room booked on the Valor for May 2015. After reading your post I asked him what type of upgrade/upsell would it take to get us out of that room. We both said "nothing!" We're so excited for that room! Enjoy your cruise! :D