SilverSeas vs other cruise lines

MaryL

The reason UK TAs are cheaper is that they get larger commissions and so can rebate more. The trade off is lack of ability to serve the client as well and inability to get one's deposit refunded prior to final payment.

Sorry, have to disagree with you on this one. I know both US and UK TA's and the US ones get between 3 and 5% more than the standard UK ones.

I've written directly to Ft Lauderdale. Their guest relations manager was the addressee.

The last time I wrote directly to Ft Lauderdale the letter was sent back to the London Office GRM to respond to. It was about 2 1/2 years ago, so its possible that there may have been an improvment. Hope so.

With a situation as serious as non-response to complaints, I'm suprised people have been so patient and haven't self-escallated. I'm sure it shouldn't be that bad.

Initially I'd try this email which will reach his secretary and hopefully it will be pushed across and downwards. If that doesn't work I'm happy to provide a better one.

Manfredi Lefebvre d'Ovidio

executiveofficeATsilversea.com

Keep the message short, sweet, unemotive and to the point is my advice. Be clear about what solution exactly you are requesting.

Good luck.

:)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
email address changed so it couldn't be mined

Maybe if and when the issue is resolved you might care to share what exactly happened on your voyage.

As a solo female traveller I'm finding all this a tad worrying.

Sophia :)

No, no, no. Don't worry. Really, it was a problem affecting only a very few (although it impinged heavily on ourselves). Actually, to a lot of (most) people it wouldbe a non-problem.

Cruise with confidence.

With a situation as serious as non-response to complaints, I'm suprised people have been so patient and haven't self-escallated. I'm sure it shouldn't be that bad.

Initially I'd try this email which will reach his secretary and hopefully it will be pushed across and downwards. If that doesn't work I'm happy to provide a better one.

Keep the message short, sweet, unemotive and to the point is my advice. Be clear about what solution exactly you are requesting.

Good luck.

Thank you for that. I'm very grateful. I have pasted your post onto my file on this. Thanks again.

Not cryptic at all. Apart from the general interest we are booked to be on the Shadow in November/December and hope the problem stays fixed.

I understand that the system is now operating normally and efficiently. I think it was actually just a question of switching it back on.

No, no, no. Don't worry. Really, it was a problem affecting only a very few (although it impinged heavily on ourselves). Actually, to a lot of (most) people it wouldbe a non-problem.

Cruise with confidence.

I am more confused than ever....l have been 'cruising' for over forty years, always with Cunard and always in the Grills. The last voyage on QM2 left a lot to be desired which is why my late husband and l decided to 'give it all a rest' for a while.

My cruising history with SS is so far only two voyages on Silver Wind as a solo traveller, both of which l have thoroughly enjoyed. I have booked a voyage in October on the Whisper and final payment is due next week, but having read this l am wondering now if l should indeed go ahead with this trip if l am going to encounter the serious problems which you have endured, which sound quite horrendous.

I am more confused than ever....l have been 'cruising' for over forty years, always with Cunard and always in the Grills. The last voyage on QM2 left a lot to be desired which is why my late husband and l decided to 'give it all a rest' for a while.

My cruising history with SS is so far only two voyages on Silver Wind as a solo traveller, both of which l have thoroughly enjoyed. I have booked a voyage in October on the Whisper and final payment is due next week, but having read this l am wondering now if l should indeed go ahead with this trip if l am going to encounter the serious problems which you have endured, which sound quite horrendous.

I was solo two weeks ago on beautiful Whisper and encountered not a single glitch -- anywhere anything. You'll be doing yourself a disservice if you cancel.

I was solo two weeks ago on beautiful Whisper and encountered not a single glitch -- anywhere anything. You'll be doing yourself a disservice if you cancel.

Specialcruisegirl,

There you go.

For each person that experiences a problem there will be hundreds, even thousands, that don't. Don't let our one-off experience put you off.

Edited by Tothesunset

Specialcruisegirl,

There you go.

For each person that experiences a problem there will be hundreds, even thousands, that don't. Don't let our one-off experience put you off.

Thank you....I'm sure all will be well!

Do hope you will resolve your issues.

Good luck.

For those lucky enough to get an out of office response from the London GR Dept, the following text is enlightening.

Thank you for contacting Silversea Cruises Guest Relations Department.

Customer feedback is very important to us, and we will look into your comments and aim to provide a full response within the next 28 days. If this is a general Guest Relations enquiry, we aim to respond within 1 business day.

For those lucky enough to get an out of office response from the London GR Dept, the following text is enlightening.

Thank you for contacting Silversea Cruises Guest Relations Department.

Customer feedback is very important to us, and we will look into your comments and aim to provide a full response within the next 28 days. If this is a general Guest Relations enquiry, we aim to respond within 1 business day.

It manages to combine in two short sentences all that is wrong.

Impreciseness, ie what is the difference between feedback, comments and enquiry, which apparently has a target response promise differential of 27 days, with a reminder that your contact is so unimportant you should expect them to take up to four weeks before they bother to respond. As I understand comments on CC, many wait longer and many receive no response. Hence me posting the Exec Office email. If that doesn't produce a better, faster response then I'll post a better one.

They should be embarrassed.

I think the first sentence means they are so busy with urgent problems that they cannot respond to general complaints until a few weeks later!

If that's the case, Silversea should hire more customer service staff. I cannot imagine setting a 4-week reply expectation in this day and age, especially for a premium product. Ten business days should be the absolute maximum for a reply, with a week being preferable.