2015 Cunard Deck Plans

bluemarble

What I can immediately see on first glance is that on QV/QE they have split the midship Britannia balconies in more categories. Presumably to give more differentials in the pricing.

Eddie

Interesting how the Grills suites are colour-coded in dark shades, while Britannia class staterooms are more vibrant.

I wonder if that has anything to do with enticing more passengers to Britannia staterooms (since the Grills seem to sell out quite nicely) - the brighter colours suggesting a positive experience.

Previously the colour scheme was reversed.

No single cabins on QE although they were announced in a precedent post! How funny will it be to choose a cabin next year! "Want a light florida blue, not the florida blue oceanview midship, but the florida blue with obstructed balcony, but not the one shaded by the deck wind........"

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Forums

Thanks for the links, Bluemarble.

In looking at the QM2 deck plans, I noticed that these plans are in effect from 10 May 2015 (M505) - 3 January 2016 (M602). I wonder if that means we can expect another set of new deck plans for 4 January 2016?

There must be some benefit to changing deck plans so often, but I have no idea what that might be!

Thanks for the links, Bluemarble.

In looking at the QM2 deck plans, I noticed that these plans are in effect from 10 May 2015 (M505) - 3 January 2016 (M602). I wonder if that means we can expect another set of new deck plans for 4 January 2016?

There must be some benefit to changing deck plans so often, but I have no idea what that might be!

It's simple. Two words: MORE REVENUE!!

I guess Cunard will see how this categorization works for them before they commit beyond 2016. Oceanview has just one category which makes sense since there are relative few of them and they are all forward - except for a few HC places.

Deck 8 obstructed view balconies are the lowest ranking - which is probably how most regard them - next up come sheltered balconies. I remember posts from the time when the opposite was true. Some were fuming that their carefully chosen sheltered balcony was "upgraded" to deck 8 obstructed. But there's no pleasing everyone - last week or so somebody here said he would not consider a sheltered balcony to be an upgrade over Deck 8 obstructed view.

Edited by BlueRiband

PARTIAL QUOTE

I guess Cunard will see how this categorization works for them before they commit beyond 2016...

Not sure how much actual experience Cunard will have regarding these new deck plans before they need to release deck plans for the 2016 World Cruises for all three ships. I've noticed that usually any changes take effect after the World Cruises, but these deck plans apparently become obsolete before the 2016 World Cruises, according to the "effective dates" on each ship's deck plans.

• 2 weeks later...

Something not quite right about the Inside Cabin categories on the Deck plan, to quote:

Standard Inside

Midships High Deck 10 IA

Midships Low Decks 5,6 IB

Midships Low Decks 4,5,6,11,12 IC

Forward/Aft High Decks 4,5,6, 9,10 IE

Forward Low Decks 5,6,11,12 IF

Below deck 7 is a low deck, but in this new categorization, it seems Cunard has changed the definition of low and high decks? For example, Cat IC 'Midships Low Decks' include decks 11, and 12. Category IE 'Forward/Aft high decks" include cabins on the lower decks and the IF category 'Forward Low Decks' include cabins on decks 11 & 12, etc.

I suspect these new deck plans [http://www.cunard.com/documents/2015-2016%20deck%20plans/qm2%202015-2016%20deck%20plans.pdf] will be revised since they make no sense.

Edited by Salacia

Here are the QM2 inside cabin categories quoted from http://www.cunard.com/documents/2014-2015%20deck%20plans/qm2%20deck%20plans%20may2014-2015.pdf

Standard Inside

Midships High Decks 10,11,12 -IA

Midships Low Decks 4,5,6 -IB

Forward High Decks 9,10,11,12- IC

Forward/Aft Low Decks 4,5,6 -ID

"Download this deck plan if your Queen Mary 2 cruise departs 16 May 2014 onwards" - http://www.cunard.com/cruise-ships/queen-mary-2

Edited by Salacia

Something not quite right about the Inside Cabin categories on the Deck plan, to quote:

Standard Inside

Midships High Deck 10 IA

Midships Low Decks 5,6 IB

Midships Low Decks 4,5,6,11,12 IC

Forward/Aft High Decks 4,5,6, 9,10 IE

Forward Low Decks 5,6,11,12 IF

Below deck 7 is a low deck, but in this new categorization, it seems Cunard has changed the definition of low and high decks? For example, Cat IC 'Midships Low Decks' include decks 11, and 12. Category IE 'Forward/Aft high decks" include cabins on the lower decks and the IF category 'Forward Low Decks' include cabins on decks 11 & 12, etc.

I suspect these new deck plans [http://www.cunard.com/documents/2015-2016%20deck%20plans/qm2%202015-2016%20deck%20plans.pdf] will be revised since they make no sense.

Yes, those "High" and "Low" deck designations do seem to be rather muddled for the inside categories on the new QM2 2015-2016 deck plans. I also just noticed an anomaly with regard to inside staterooms 5057 through 5090 on deck 5 of the new QM2 2015-2016 deck plans. Those staterooms are color coded in a dark yellow shade that I cannot find anywhere in the "Stateroom Category" legend. I suspect those staterooms were actually meant to be color coded in the light green shade of stateroom category IC, the same as inside staterooms 4042 through 4065 and 6087 through 6119 immediately below and above them on decks 4 and 6.

Regards,

John.

Edited by bluemarble

Yes, those "High" and "Low" deck designations do seem to be rather muddled for the inside categories on the new QM2 2015-2016 deck plans. I also just noticed an anomaly with regard to inside staterooms 5057 through 5090 on deck 5 of the new QM2 2015-2016 deck plans. Those staterooms are color coded in a dark yellow shade that I cannot find anywhere in the "Stateroom Category" legend. I suspect those staterooms were actually meant to be color coded in the light green shade of stateroom category IC, the same as inside staterooms 4042 through 4065 and 6087 through 6119 immediately below and above them on decks 4 and 6.

Regards,

John.

Hi John. Oh dear, these new deck plans should come with aspirin! I looked at the balcony cabin categories and I keep shaking my head - what where they thinking? Regards, -Salacia

The QM2 deck plan is running out of colours, fast:D

"Studies have shown that we can see about 1000 levels of light-dark, 100 levels of red-green, and 100 levels of yellow-blue for a single viewing condition in a laboratory. This means that

the total number of colors we can see is about 1000 x 100 x 100 = 10,000,000

(10 million).":p

"Studies have shown that we can see about 1000 levels of light-dark, 100 levels of red-green, and 100 levels of yellow-blue for a single viewing condition in a laboratory. This means that

the total number of colors we can see is about 1000 x 100 x 100 = 10,000,000

(10 million).":p

Lol. Didn't we hear exactly the opposite from Cunard a few years ago when they simplified the categories diversification?

New management - new marketing policies.