The med/adriatic with poor mobility

Slugsta

We have 18 days on Azura in September visiting Gibraltar, Valetta, Sicily, Venice, Corfu, Dubrovnic and Cadiz.

I have poor mobility as walking is very painful. Unfortunately, sitting is even worse :( long taxi or coach journeys are impossible for me. We are quite happy to just potter around in town, we will have the wheelchair with us (transit chair) so that I can alternate walking and sitting. However, it would be nice if we have something specific to do sometimes other than just potter around the town nearest to where we dock.

I can top up with extra pain meds, I have morphine syrup for that purpose, but that makes me more travel sick, so its use is limited!

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I know I can look at the ports of call boards but they don't tend to have specific info regarding disabled access etc.

Thanks in advance.

We did a Med and Adriatic 12 night Rome toVenice 18 months ago. I have mobility difficulties and use a rollator to get around. Any city that has cobblestone walks is rough on a travel chair. We did quite a few small group tours by mini bus or van there would have been room for a travel chair on these routes. In Corfu, We did a 3 hour taxitour( private car for 4) and we got in and out on 3 occasions but we did not have to walk far. Our last stop was at a Magnificent Villa with antiques, statuary and a great view. Nice lunch stop was wheelchair accessable, as was snack stop and stop for souvenirs and olive tasting. They will do a custom tour for you and can tell you what is accessable. Corfu TaxiTours. Think it was about $50 per person. We took a tender from the ship and walked around the old town in Kotor, Montenegro. Nice buildings, nice shopping, nice lunch. Interesting St Triptans Church. From there you could take a taxi for5 minutes to Perast, walk around the harbor and outdoor rests and a park. You can take a ferry to Our Lady of the Rock Church. Both ferry and church and beautiful island surroundings are accessable. Don't take the 3 hour tour to the mountains by bus. Scenic but stomach churning heights.

You can take a cab from the dock in Dubrovnik for a nice ride to overlook the city and harbor for pics, and to the old fortress in the hills which defended the city during the war. Then the driver will take you to the entrance to the walled city, nice interesting walk through there without going up on the wall nice eats and shopping. Streets are marble blocks, easy on the chair. Driver will return to pick you up. Nice day. In Venice, the Vaparetto is fully accessable. You can take a cab from the ship to the Piazza Roma and get the Vaparetto to all parts of the city from there or take the ship transfer Vaparetto back and forth to/ from the ship to place near the St marks Square. Walk inland and there are nobridges to cross. Don't know what other ports you are visiting. We did Barcelona, Toulon, Florence, Rome, Naples, Catania, Malta, Bari, Koper, Kofer, Ravenna, Venice, Rome. All had something to do if you were mobility impaired.