Fttf

ravenmaniac069

If you buy FTTF and your room is not ready when you board are you refunded? Or is this a by chance purchase?

You're always allowed to complain at Guest Services. This service failure would likely result in a refund of Faster to the Fun and you're more than welcome to modify your gratuities, at your discretion, if you are not satisfied with the level of service you receive.

Edited by Disconnections

My room was ready, but one of our 2 bags was late. After 5 pm, late.

We were at guest services for some reason and were asked how we had liked the service. We replied that it was great except for the late bag. This was done as casual conversation, not a complaint- but she said she was refunding the cost to my account!

Loved being able to walk right up to the desk, there was never anyone in the priority line at all.

If I couldn't go to my room and unload my stuff, I would definitely complain as that's one of the big perks. I don't think we really got our luggage earlier on our last cruise, but that wasn't really a big deal for me. I know it was tagged priority, but it wasn't there until mid-afternoon.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

If I purchased FTTF, and was told by staff, locked door, etc, I could not access my room, maybe I would seek compensation.

I am not sure about the question "if the room not ready".

I personally wouldnt seek any compensation! You still get on early or earlier than others you still get priority tenders priority debark and a separate G/S line. Nothing is completely certain on any cruise for any cruiser.

Its a good way for less frequent/fortunate cruisers to experience a few perks (usually only reserved for the few) so as to make their cruise vacation more memorable:)

I would pay a "much higher" price to experience even more perks! I do this with airlines especially paying for lounge use.

Everyone likes to feel like a VIP and to me cabin readiness is not really part of the "Fun" in FTTF but low buffet lines and almost empty ship to explore is:)

Gee I wish Platinum/Diamond cruisers could cash in on this! Our miracle cabin was ready but the baggage didn't arrive til 4!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

FTTF will eventually cause so much :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: from staff to Carnival loyals constant demands that they will be dizzy enough the entire cruise to stick with the FTTF drinkers/spenders :D:D

If you buy FTTF and your room is not ready when you board are you refunded? Or is this a by chance purchase?

If the room isn't ready when you board I would go to guest services and let them know that you went to the cabin and it wasn't ready for you. That way they can investigate and determine if it wasn't on a list, steward was behind, etc. They will probably offer you a refund of the amount. Being able to go to the cabin and drop off my carry ons is the main reason I purchased FTTF so I wouldn't be happy if that wasn't delivered.

Gee I wish Platinum/Diamond cruisers could cash in on this! Our miracle cabin was ready but the baggage didn't arrive til 4!

What exactly would you expect to cash in on when you have no cash paid out? I don't understand what you think would be due to you when you didn't pay for anything? :confused:

Edited by Mysticks1

Our room wasn't ready but they let us in anyway and then they came in to vacuum while my husband was napping after our red eye flight. I was also expecting our bags to be there bit they were not. I assumed that if I complained they would take away the FTFF other perks too if I got a refund. In hindsight I wish I had said something.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our room wasn't ready but they let us in anyway and then they came in to vacuum while my husband was napping after our red eye flight. I was also expecting our bags to be there bit they were not. I assumed that if I complained they would take away the FTFF other perks too if I got a refund. In hindsight I wish I had said something.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They wouldn't take it away. It would be a goodwill gesture.

Had FTTF on the Dream last November and was looking forward to the perks. The cabin was ready when we boarded around 10:50 but none of the luggage was there. When none had appeared by safety drill time I became concerned since I had never not had my luggage delivered by that time on any prior cruise. I asked at the desk just to make sure luggage was still being delivered. I was not offered a refund nor did I ask for one but a refund did appear on my account and I still got priority debarkation.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

I would imagine that if you went to Guest Services and told them you did not receive the perks you're supposed to receive as a platinum/diamond cruiser, they would be more than happy to find some way to help you or compensate you. It isn't about "cashing in" so much as not being provided a service that was paid for. You didn't pay for the platinum status (not directly), it is just a loyalty perk, so you wouldn't be "refunded" anything. However, you might get some kind of OBC to compensate you for the inconvenience. I think Guest Services generally is going to err on the side of the passenger and to give them a little something to make the problem "go away."

I would imagine that if you went to Guest Services and told them you did not receive the perks you're supposed to receive as a platinum/diamond cruiser, they would be more than happy to find some way to help you or compensate you.

Not necessarily.

I am Platinum, and when I went on the Fascination last year, luggage did not arrive until very late. All of our non FTTF/Platinum neighbors received their luggage long before we did. Went to Guest Services to complain and were offered a refund of our FTTF cost, but after explaining that we were Platinum and did not pay for FTTF, the only response was "Oh, sorry."

We had FTTF on the Breeze last April and our rooms were ready and our bags were there early so we were very satisfied. We bought it again last November for our Liberty cruise. The lady at check-in told us repeatedly that our rooms would not be ready until after 1. I asked her how that could be if we had paid for FTTF. She said "We are required to tell you that your room being ready is not a guarantee." Huh? It didn't matter in the end because our room was ready when we boarded at 11.

I would imagine that if you went to Guest Services and told them you did not receive the perks you're supposed to receive as a platinum/diamond cruiser, they would be more than happy to find some way to help you or compensate you.

Not necessarily.

I am Platinum, and when I went on the Fascination last year, luggage did not arrive until very late. All of our non FTTF/Platinum neighbors received their luggage long before we did. Went to Guest Services to complain and were offered a refund of our FTTF cost, but after explaining that we were Platinum and did not pay for FTTF, the only response was "Oh, sorry."

Money speaks louder than loyalty:D