DVD/CD Players

Jayayeff

I am aware that only the Category A, PH and Suites have DVD players provided but do the remaining categories have any form of in-room entertainment system other than a TV? I'm not bothered about watching DVD's or TV even, but would like to be able to listen to my own choice of music - are there CD players in these cabins?

No other entertainment devices (at least on the Insignia). But - have you considered one of the inexpensive portable DVD/CD players that are currently available? I bought my DW one for mother's day, and she absolutely loves it - uses it on the airplane to watch her selection of movies, in cruise cabins, etc. We were in a Cat A cabin, which did have a DVD player, but we found our shipmates, itineraries, and ship activities to be such that we ended up not checking out any DVD's on board.

Mike

No other entertainment devices (at least on the Insignia). But - have you considered one of the inexpensive portable DVD/CD players that are currently available?

Mike

Mike - Thanks, I do have a portable player but I was hoping that, along with it's charger, travel speakers, etc., it was something that could be left out of the suitcase. All the appliances and charges we need to carry along these days take up half the suitcase space and weight - when you're travelling alone and don't have a second allowance to share, it makes a difference!!!

Anne

DS (darling son) gifted me with a fabulous 10" portable dvd/cd player, which now keeps me very happy, especially when flights are delayed and an admirals club is not in sight. Besides this and the IPOD, ipod speakers, laptop (I am writing a book), headphones, carry on meds/makeup, extra change of clothes, airplane clothes that I bring in the carry on on long flights, etc...................., makes me very grateful that there are no formal nights on Oceania.........I mean, there is no room for anything!!!!!!!!!!!. Hopefully we will be so busy having a blast on the ship that I won't use the ipod, portable dvd, laptop, headphones or the meds..........the clothes I will wear, and I will not be without makeup as I do not wish to scare anyone! Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, i forgot the chargers, cameras, video camera, clothesline, extra batteries, which also goes in the carry on.....have I left anything out? BTW, I also bring a clothing hook that goes over the door, very handy especially when closet space is limited. :o

DS (darling son) gifted me with a fabulous 10" portable dvd/cd player, which now keeps me very happy, especially when flights are delayed and an admirals club is not in sight. Besides this and the IPOD, ipod speakers, laptop (I am writing a book), headphones, carry on meds/makeup, extra change of clothes, airplane clothes that I bring in the carry on on long flights, etc...................., makes me very grateful that there are no formal nights on Oceania.........I mean, there is no room for anything!!!!!!!!!!!. Hopefully we will be so busy having a blast on the ship that I won't use the ipod, portable dvd, laptop, headphones or the meds..........the clothes I will wear, and I will not be without makeup as I do not wish to scare anyone! Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One can only assume you are travelling from the USA, those of us travelling on European airlines have considerably less generous weight allowances to live with.. 20kg, or 30kg if you're lucky enough to be in business class, soon adds up!!! Now solved the music problem with a small MP3 player c/w tiny external speaker....

Archived