MTD Reservations

Sorry if this has been asked.

We are booked on the Explorer OTS for Oct 9.

When I go in to make dinner time reservations it

states there are none? This seems odd to me. Is it

too early to make them?

I couldn't get the search to work correctly to search

the forum.

Kathy

too early to make them?

the forum.

Kathy

Yes, it is likely too far in advance to make reservations.

too early to make them?

the forum.

Kathy

Maybe so, but try to make reservations as add soon as you're able. I attempted doing it close to sailing and was boxed out of anything later than 6:15, way too early. We ended up missing all the late afternoon pool deck activity getting ready for such an early dinner.

DH and I are on the Explorer on October 4th, right before you. Our sailing has not opened up for My Time Dining reservations either. I check every couple of days to see when we are able to get in to make reservations. I think they say about 3 months before sailing, but when we booked Oasis, it was closer to 5 months out when we could access them. Just in case, I watch anyway. :)

Maybe so, but try to make reservations as add soon as you're able. I attempted doing it close to sailing and was boxed out of anything later than 6:15, way too early. We ended up missing all the late afternoon pool deck activity getting ready for such an early dinner.

Just curious...then why did you make a reservation?

Since it is My Time, I would have just went to dinner later.

We didn't make reservations at all on our recent cruise. we picked MTD because we really hate being tied down to reservation on vacation.

We did have to wait a few times, but no big deal...we hung out at the nearest bar.

Just one additional thought - just off the FOS - we had reservations for a "table for two" each night - reservation worked fine but the "table for two" was a joke - several days we were seated at a table for two which was at most 6" from another table for two! On one night we were seated in between two other tables with 6" of space on either side. I would go for MDR dining in the future - less hurried, same staff and hopefully good dining companions.

Just curious...then why did you make a reservation?

Since it is My Time, I would have just went to dinner later.

We could have done so, but we would have given up our location (which we liked) and the pleasure of having the same servers every night (who we liked).

We could have done so, but we would have given up our location (which we liked) and the pleasure of having the same servers every night (who we liked).

OK.

we actually had a great table for 6 (we were a family of 6) in the corner with a great server on the first night.

the second night, we got a table in the middle of the room with a server with 0 personality.

After that, we ate 3 additional nights in the MDR and asked for that table with that server and it was never problem.