One Guest Backed out on Cruise

CarnivalBoy

They way we check in is I drop off every one at the curb and they go check in. I park the car. I have with me my passport and a boarding pass and check myself in. We still always board together.

I booked and paid for two cabins this cruise. One person could not get off of work. That cabin only has one passenger now and over $500 in on board credit.

Once we board the ship I plan on going to guest services and move one passenger form the other cabin, get them a new sail & sign card and put them in the cabin that has only one passenger.

One thing you need to look into is Gratuities. You may still have the missing person’s gratuities added to the cabin bill.

Have a fun cruise. :)

Good idea, but I think I'll just let it be us. Are they gonna change my room when we get there because we don't have the 4th person? According to the website, they only have balconies left on the 6th floor. We have one on the 9th floor. Will they let us keep our 9th floor balcony? Thanks.

Brett Bennett

I doubt it. We've been in a 4 person room with just the 3 of us. They just don't pull down the 4th bed.

I thought that all guest in the same stateroom have to check in together?

Does your friend realize that you will not be getting money back for their cancellation?

This isn't true. I took my son to the cruise terminal, my husband arrived later. Not ideal, nor for the faint of heart but doable.

And they realize that we're losing money.

Carnival Magic - March 2014

Carnival Conquest - March 2013

Carnival Magic - November 2011

Carnival Triumph - November 2010

I will look for you on Judge Judy. Go and have a good time.

One of our guests backed out at the last minute. Our cruise is on Sunday (March 23rd). Do we need to call and delete the guest from our booking or just leave it?

Brett Bennett

Let them just No Show , or find a friend to pay for name change , gratuities , n the cost of the fare , re-coup some or just go with the people you have as is .

I don't think we will change the name. We'll just show up at the terminal without them. I just hope they don't change our room. And it's fine if y'all talk about the guest not reimbursing me. Lol

I don't think we will change the name. We'll just show up at the terminal without them. I just hope they don't change our room. And it's fine if y'all talk about the guest not reimbursing me. Lol

I would think that would be unlikely since they won't know until the very last minute that the person is a no show. By that time, everyone else has arrived and been assigned a room, plus you have been checked in. I guess its a possibility but I'm guessing not likely.

I hope it's not a relative pulling this crap. If it's a "friend" I would disassociate myself with them.

It's a relative…

I would think that would be unlikely since they won't know until the very last minute that the person is a no show. By that time, everyone else has arrived and been assigned a room, plus you have been checked in. I guess its a possibility but I'm guessing not likely.

That's what I was thinking.

Your room will be fine. You paid for it. No shows happen a lot, they are not going to juggle around rooms. They would have to pry my corpse out of the room to change it on me after paying for all 4 people ;). Only exception I could see is if it was a handicap room and someone needed it.