Old San Juan to Pan Am Pier

Nana57

We will be leaving on RCCL from San Juan. How far is Old San Juan from the Pan Am Pier? Can we walk it?

Here is a link to a short video I posted to give perspective on the pam am pier to osj. It seems shorter than it is and it looks walkable, but it would be a challenge.

IF it is your boarding day that you are thinking of going there after checking on the ship, I heard somewhere that RRCL doesn't let you get off after you check in on embarkation day, but that is rumor not verified.

I have a few other short videos if you want to check them out, mostly just to show what something is like.

Unless you can walk on water across the canal there is no way you coukd walk to osj. The direction of the road out of the port is away from osj. Then you have to trek across a multi lane hwy with traffic circles and the it is still a couple miles. If you are intent on going, for safety if no other reason, take a cab.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

If you can take your Yorkie out for an hour you can walk from OSJ to Pan American Pier. The route is hot and not very scenic. But it's just a walk. It's just putting one foot in front of one another until you get there. Abe Lincoln used to do it.

Having been picked up (gratis) by friendly cab drivers a couple of times, I can say that the cab ride is a good deal faster and more comfortable.

Royal definitely lets you off and on the ship after check-in.

It is about a 2.5 mile walk or more. It is not a very friendly walk from that pier to the area of OSJ where tourists spend their time. It will be hot, will take a lot of time, and there is nothing really scenic to see during the long walk. It would not be worth it to me.

We had friends do it and deeply regretted it as waste of time and energy.

View it as the cost per hour while you are on vacation. Why try to save money when you could be relaxing by the pool or exploring old San Juan? There is a limited amount of time to play and why spend the precious time hauling luggage?

• 4 months later...
View it as the cost per hour while you are on vacation. Why try to save money when you could be relaxing by the pool or exploring old San Juan? There is a limited amount of time to play and why spend the precious time hauling luggage?

Amen to that. I'll be on Adventure of the Seas, like you, only in May 2015. I'm not walking ANYWHERE on my vaca...LOL! I plan to stay 1-2 days in Old San Juan, then taxi it over to Pan Am Pier.