Where to buy wine near Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown

Lasallebabe

I'm looking to buy wine in Miami (must be cheaper than up here in Canada) and so I am looking for a reasonably priced place. I realize being downtown might cost more so I am willing to travel around a bit. **I'll be trying out "rum runners" for the first time!

I agree. The selection at that CVS has actually been expanded. If you are looking for something reasonably priced just go there and it is just a. Invite from the hotel.

For a much larger selection there is a grocery store but that is about a 20 minute walk each

way so just try the CVS first.

Keith

We stayed there the end of January and walked about 13 blocks to Publix - which had a pretty good selection of wine - and because it is a grocery store you could pick up water, food, etc. if you want. The walk was flat all the way and didn't seem too bad.

• 2 months later...
Nearby CVS drug store has an okay selection of wine. :)

I agree. CVS is about a block or two away from HI, and IMO they had a decent selection of wine also. I was actually surprised that that they had as good a selection as they did.

Don't want to hijack the post but can you buy Rum and water at CVS or Publix as well?

Water yes, rum no. There are no liquor sales at grocery stores in FL; beer and wine only.

There is a small liquor store on the corner of 2nd St and 3rd Ave, right around the corner from the Holiday Inn. They have a decent rum selection.

And for those of you walking 16 blocks to get to a Publix - why? There's one down in Brickell right next to a MetroMover stop, and the MetroMover is completely free. It even stops right behind the Holiday Inn. It runs every few minutes and would turn that 16 block walk into a 5 minute people mover ride.

Edited by realjd