No Q&As

"And I don't take questions and answers after my talks ... there are too many nutters around," announced the somewhat ageing lecturer to his astonished audience aboard P&O's Aurora during our recent cruise from Sydney to Hong Kong.

And true to his word, he was seen virtually ignoring passengers on the decks during the three-week voyage. They were lucky if they got even a couple of words or a smile out of him.

Maybe it would have been better had this guy shut himself away from the world so he could reminisce with his somewhat boring film snippets alone.

At least he would be safe from us 'nutters' who pay good money to be entertained on Aurora ... and not be insulted by someone who should have retired from public life gracefully!

Dennis Amor.

BTW, I spent over 40 years in the same profession as this man and had been looking forward to his talks. I was sadly disappointed :mad:

DW has been a guest Arts & Crafts Instructor on a couple of cruises. The agency that placed her also handles lecturers. The brief was very clear about the importance of making oneself available to speak with other pax even when not "on duty".

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I must say former Detective Chief Inspector Brown on Arcadia was most entertaining and quite happy to have a chat too. Quite the opposite to this person I think. We had an "older" gentleman on our last Princess cruise who was doing his last trip and entertained full houses each talk. A wonderful show that made you wish he would continue on, so I guess you win some & lose some.

Steve.

I agree Gnomy. The former Birmingham detective was guest lecturer on Oriana (HK to Brisbane two years ago). Brilliant guy and enjoyed every minute of his lectures and team game (where pax were divided into teams of detectives to solve a HK hotel "murder").

My last vision of this guy and his wife was of them cursing as they dragged their luggage down the stairs at Brisbane Cruise Terminal.

BTW, no P&O favouritism for them ... they were accommodated in an inside cabin opposite us!

Hope to see you again sometime Terry ... you're great.

Dennis Amor