Carnival comes back to Norfolk!

rnhbqm4413

Ditto, just booked Bermuda today too. We have never been on the Splendor! I guess I had better check the Bermuda average climate for October now. Hopefully not too bad.

I think the weather will be a lot like Virginia, hopefully a little warmer.

I'm glad to see that there will be a few cruises out of Norfolk next year, and I've been clamoring for another cruise to Bermuda, so I was so excited about yesterday's announcement.

Then I looked at the date and realized we can't sail on Oct. 23, 2015, because of a scheduling conflict :(. We're long-time season ticket holders for Martinsville Speedway (NASCAR), so we'll be there instead. Now, I love NASCAR, but I'm just sad that we can't do both.

I really wanted to support one of these Norfolk cruises, but it looks like it's not going to work out for us. We're not interested in a CTN, and the 5-day Bahamas cruise not so much either. The only other one that catches my eye is the 6-day that includes HMC, but DH is not that keen on driving 5 hours for a cruise that is less than a week long. He'd rather just fly to Florida. Oh, well...

Congrats to all who are able to take advantage of these handful of cruises out of Norfolk. At least it's something.;)

I was so happy to hear that the Splendor will be coming to Norfolk!!! Just don't understand why in the world ships don't sail out of Norfolk year round!! So super easy to get to the Caribbean!!! They can bring in the largest ships too with no worry of bridges, etc.!!!

Well, at least this is the beginning! Thanks Carnival!!!

Norfolk is a 5 hr drive for us. We were thinking about booking the cruise to nowhere without the kids. A inside cabin is a little over $700,any chance of a price drop? Does anyone have any pros or cons they would like to share?

Norfolk is a 5 hr drive for us. We were thinking about booking the cruise to nowhere without the kids. A inside cabin is a little over $700,any chance of a price drop? Does anyone have any pros or cons they would like to share?

We did the CTN on the Glory out of Norfolk in October. I have a room on hold for this cruise.

When I booked the October cruise I think the rated started out pretty close to what a balcony room is on the May 2015 cruise, $399.00. I know we had price drops, I think it dropped to around $299.00. If I remember correctly, the people on my roll call who had inside cabins were very happy because they had some good price drops.

Kim

I'm very happy that Carnival is back in Norfolk but really disappointed that it is the same old ports. And the Bahamas cruise is only 5 days! I sure hope that this is just the beginning and that eventually we will have a ship that will stop in some Caribbean ports and some longer cruises like at least 10 days.

We did the CTN on the Glory out of Norfolk in October. I have a room on hold for this cruise.

When I booked the October cruise I think the rated started out pretty close to what a balcony room is on the May 2015 cruise, $399.00. I know we had price drops, I think it dropped to around $299.00. If I remember correctly, the people on my roll call who had inside cabins were very happy because they had some good price drops.

Kim

Which fare rate do you get to make sure you get the benefit of price drops?

I'm very happy that Carnival is back in Norfolk but really disappointed that it is the same old ports. And the Bahamas cruise is only 5 days! I sure hope that this is just the beginning and that eventually we will have a ship that will stop in some Caribbean ports and some longer cruises like at least 10 days.

Hi Dixieva.......I'm looking at the Bahamas for 6 nights as well as Bermuda for 7 nights.......I'm happy about the longer cruises. I realize there is also a CTN and a 5 night Bahamas but I'm happy there is a 6 and 7 night cruise to choose from as well.........but I'm with you I would love to see a 10 night or longer cruise out of Norfolk......... and year round too:)

From the OBX! Apx 2 hours to the cruse port! Im glad someone is back in Norfolk. I usually wait for last minute cruises, hopefully i can sang a few.

I have no clue if the Splendor is larger then the Glory, but i will check it out, and keep an eye on the sails. LOL (sales)

Very happy to see Carnival is going back to Bermuda…and out of Norfolk:):) We sailed the Pride out of Baltimore to Bermuda a few years back and it was a great cruise…

We've only sailed once out of Norfolk…the Maasdam with Holland America..it's an easy drive for us….excited:D

Very happy to see Carnival is going back to Bermuda…and out of Norfolk:):) We sailed the Pride out of Baltimore to Bermuda a few years back and it was a great cruise…

We've only sailed once out of Norfolk…the Maasdam with Holland America..it's an easy drive for us….excited:D

WE did the 10-11 night Maasdam out of Norfolk 3 times in a 12 month time frame, first year we retired. Bring back HAL!

WE did the 10-11 night Maasdam out of Norfolk 3 times in a 12 month time frame, first year we retired. Bring back HAL!

Oh I agree…would LOVE to see Hal out of Norfolk…wish we could have done that cruise three times….it was a great cruise!! Our first on Hal….

Oh I agree…would LOVE to see Hal out of Norfolk…wish we could have done that cruise three times….it was a great cruise!! Our first on Hal….

Jane it was amazing! They were still doing the DAM $'s at that time, and everyone shared what they had left with us, and on the third cruise we came home with a bunch of beach towels and sweatshirts. Lots of fun. My hubby only travels with me about half the time, the rest of the time its a girls cruise or with my mom.

Cruising is a great way to enjoy retirement!

deb

Jane it was amazing! They were still doing the DAM $'s at that time, and everyone shared what they had left with us, and on the third cruise we came home with a bunch of beach towels and sweatshirts. Lots of fun. My hubby only travels with me about half the time, the rest of the time its a girls cruise or with my mom.

Cruising is a great way to enjoy retirement!

deb

That sounds like so much fun!!! What year was that? Wouldn't it be great if other cruise lines would come back to Norfolk - I hope others follow Carnival's lead:)

That sounds like so much fun!!! What year was that? Wouldn't it be great if other cruise lines would come back to Norfolk - I hope others follow Carnival's lead:)

HAL MS Maasdam November 16, 2005 Caribbean 10 Nights

HAL MS Maasdam October 17, 2006 Caribbean 11 Nights

HAL MS Maasdam November 19, 2006 Caribbean 11 Nights

HAL MS Maasdam November 16, 2005 Caribbean 10 Nights

HAL MS Maasdam October 17, 2006 Caribbean 11 Nights

HAL MS Maasdam November 19, 2006 Caribbean 11 Nights

Our Maasdam cruise was 11-05-05!! We had a great intro to Hal…but…am waiting now for our pvp to call about the Splendor and Bermuda in 2015:)

2015-16 Schedule Also Includes Four- to Eight-Day Departures from New York, Seven-Day Cruises from Miami,

One-Way Eight-Day Voyages Between San Juan and New York

MIAMI (March 20, 2014) – Carnival Splendor will operate a series of two- to seven-day voyages, including a week-long cruise to Bermuda, from the Port of Norfolk in 2015. The 3,006-passenger Carnival Splendor is the newest and largest “Fun Ship” ever to operate from the historic Virginia port.

Carnival Splendor’s Norfolk program will kick off in May 2015 and will encompass a wide range of itinerary choices, including:

• A value-packed two-day cruise departing May 16, 2015

• Three, five-day Bahamas cruises calling at Nassau and Freeport, departing May 11, May 18, and October 12, 2015

• A six-day Bahamas cruise calling at the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay, as well as Nassau and Freeport, departing October 17, 2015

• A seven-day Bermuda cruise departing October 23, 2015 that features a three-day call in Bermuda

These voyages from Norfolk provide a wide variety of convenient and affordable cruise options featuring tropical destinations throughout The Bahamas and Bermuda where guests can relax on beautiful beaches, enjoy excellent dining, shopping and sightseeing opportunities, and visit centuries-old landmarks and attractions.

Carnival Splendor will also sail seasonally in 2015 from New York and Miami. From April to November, the ship will operate a variety four to eight- day itineraries from New York to popular ports in The Bahamas, Caribbean, Canada and Florida.

Cruises from New York to the Canadian Maritimes include four-day voyages visiting Saint John and five-day sailings calling at Saint John and Halifax. Seven-day fall foliage voyages call at Boston, Portland, Maine; Saint John and Halifax, while three different eight-day options are available: a Bahamas/Florida itinerary calling at Port Canaveral, Fla., and Freeport and Nassau; and two eastern Caribbean routes, one featuring San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk, and another visiting Grand Turk, Nassau and the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay.

From November 2015 through April 2016 Carnival Splendor will sail from Miami on seven-day eastern and western Caribbean cruises. Eastern Caribbean cruises will call at St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, and Nassau, while the western Caribbean route will call at Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Mahogany Bay in Isla Roatan.

Carnival Splendor will also offer special one-way eight-day exotic eastern Caribbean cruises between New York and San Juan on May 24, 2015 and June 1, 2015.

“At many Carnival Conversations travel agent events, we received feedback that consumers want choice. We are pleased to offer a variety of itineraries based on this feedback,” said Joni Rein, Carnival’s vice president of worldwide sales.

Reservations are currently being accepted for all of Carnival Splendor’s sailings from Norfolk, New York, Miami and San Juan.

--

It will be colder and very windy. We did a CTN last year.