Booking promotion advertised on Celebrity Website for 2015

amh1988

Hi Everyone,

I have shown my travel agent a promotional page on the Celebrity website.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=captains_club_world_tour_cruise

Basically what it states (from my understanding) is that if you book now you receive on-board credit and can then combine it with one other offer that is released during the rest of the year.

I am booking an ocean view room on Reflection May 2015, with the hope that I will be able to combine an offer for a beverage package if they release a similar promotion to Pick Your Perk.

Has anyone heard of this offer? The reason that I ask is that you obviously cannot add an offer now and I want to ensure that I will be able to add an offer when the next promotion happens.

My TA phoned the Celebrity call centre and they had noooooo idea about the promotion.

In all honesty I'm starting to become turned off this cruise due to the service I have received from Celebrity and all this before we have booked.

My TA phoned them last week and the guy gave her prices and sailings for this year even though she confirmed 5 times with him that it was required for next year.

I phoned a few days ago to enquire and the guy told me that all the sailings for next year are the same as this year which they obviously are not.

Then my travel agent phoned today regarding the promotion.

I mean seriously is this normal?

Any suggestions or comments regarding the promotion booking or how to deal with the call centre are welcome. :)

Edited by amh1988

I noticed this as well. It was originally very prominent but then appears to have been withdrawn. There is mention of it still on one page but that is probably an error. Celebrity appear to have had a catalogue of incorrect information recently. I had an issue in respect of the drinks package for suites.

I will be very interested in the outcome if you are able to resolve the issue.

If you are not a Captains Club member then bookings for Europe didn't open until the 18th and this may have led to the confusion.

There are many plus sides to Celebrity. I had thought of looking elsewhere but in the end stuck with what I know to be a fairly good product for the money.

I successfully used this new promotion on a June 2015 Europe sailing a couple of days ago. I originally received the promotion information by email and sent it to my TA when he did the booking. The OBC already shows on the Celebrity booking confirmation sheet. They said it was combinable as long as the thing you want to add wasn't limited to new bookings. It is also combinable with future cruise certificates and stockholder credit as they are not listed as restrictions in the fine print of the offer.

The promotion is limited to Captain's Club members, so you may want to call the Captain's Club phone line instead of the general reservation number if you're having trouble finding someone who is aware of it.

Just looked again at their website and found the promotion info. Look at the main page for "celebrity world tour".

We're rocking the world again—all 7 continents with 10 breathtaking ships. Each destination opens with a special offer.

For every vacation booked by April 30, 2014, from our newly available sailings, you'll receive up to $400 to spend on board your vacation. We're hitting every continent on the planet–visiting 261 ports of call in 72 countries–adding more overnight stays and new ports of call.

Here's the fine print:

Onboard Credit ("OBC") Offer applies to 4-night or longer cruises or Cruisetours for inside and above staterooms, that first become available for booking Feb. 6 – April 30, 2014 "Offer Period". One Offer per stateroom. Amount of onboard credit ranges from $50-$400 USD per stateroom and is determined at time of booking based on category, length of sailing (minimum 4 night sailing) and destination; maximum one onboard credit per stateroom. Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition. To redeem Offer, contact your travel professional or Celebrity Cruises at 1-877-202-4344.

Single occupancy bookings are eligible for Offer. Offer on Cruisetours is based on the number of sail nights. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, will expire if not used by 10 PM on the final night of the cruise. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and group bookings that are named and deposited during the Offer Period. Offer is combinable with one other offer, except, Exciting Deals, Book & Go packages, Premium vacation packages, interline, travel agent, and employee rates, and may be withdrawn at any time. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. Modern Luxury is a trademark of Celebrity Cruises Inc. Refer to the Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions.

For us the benefit of this list is to get a preview of upcoming Carib itins and schedules..but it only goes through the end of 2015 and covers alot of holilday weeks.. we'll see what the final line up looks like as soon as they are published...

we would also prefer being able to get the pick your perk deal...