Latitude Platinum members and the Ultimate Dining Package

TrumpyNor

I just contacted my PCC. She checked and said the $20 price reduction will be given once I am on the ship. So our 15-day cruise will cost less than $12 a day for eating in any of the specialty restaurants. Our total charge will be $179 each. I may be in the minority, but I think that is a good deal. I'm hoping we'll get the Platinum letter for Le Bistro, so we can get our wine, but no guarantees, I guess.

I just contacted my PCC. She checked and said the $20 price reduction will be given once I am on the ship. So our 15-day cruise will cost less than $12 a day for eating in any of the specialty restaurants. Our total charge will be $179 each. I may be in the minority, but I think that is a good deal. I'm hoping we'll get the Platinum letter for Le Bistro, so we can get our wine, but no guarantees, I guess.

You should still get the Platinum LeBistro dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine certificate. The $20 discount is because you won't be using one dinner from the UDP because you'll have the Platinum Certificate. At least that's how I understand it to be.

You should still get the Platinum LeBistro dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine certificate. The $20 discount is because you won't be using one dinner from the UDP because you'll have the Platinum Certificate. At least that's how I understand it to be.

It just gets better and better! Thanks!

I agree - that calculation is made just counting ONE of the persons in the cabin as Latitude Platinum members. And actually the wine selection they offer with the Platinum complimentary dinner is quite good, and if we had to pay the wine ourselves it would be around $30,00 per bottle.

So I have made my decision - on upcoming cruises we will just do what we have always done; pay the regular cover charge for the specialty restaurants for the remaining nights. ;)

On our next cruise I am also hoping to get a chance to join the Norwegian Chef Dinner again (we have done it a couple of times earlier and loved it) - and that means of course one more night that we wouldn't take "advantage" of the package.... :p

The bottles we had at LeBistro with our platinum dinners were around $45-$48 each. Very good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

All though my original questions have been answered in the various posts in this thread, I just wanted to give you a little update:

Our next cruise in June is only 7 days, and since we then have to free dinners for two in Le Bistro we would have to pay $99 (119-20) for five dinners that would be almost $20 per person per dinner. We are also hoping to join the Chefs Table on that cruise, so the UDP will not pay off for us on that particular cruise.

But in October we are doing a 17 days cruise, and the UDP will then cost on average $14.00 per day per person (a total of $239 per person). Or actually, if I take two days of dinners in Le Bistro out of the calculation - the price will be $15,90 per person per dinner for the remaining 15 dinners. And that is a much better deal than it is for a 7 days cruise - so I went ahead and booked it. Especially since we on our last 2-3 cruises have had all our dinners in a specialty restaurant anyway, and more often with a cover charge of $20-$25 p.p. than $15). And our favorite specialty restaurant is Le Bistro, and the UDP includes the adds-on for dishes like the fruits-de-mer or lobster, that I otherwise would have to pay an extra $10 for. :D

I was in contact with my PCC regarding how to book the UDP in order to get the Platinum discount of $20 per person, and was told that if I booked it online or if I booked it through my PCC, I still had to pay the full price listed at the time of the booking. Then I will get my 2 x $20 refund credited to my on board account when we are on board the ship.

She couldn't answer me regarding the free bottle(s) of wine that you usually get together with your complimentary Platinum dinner(s) - but all logic in my head tells me that of course we will get two bottles of nice wine as well... :p

Now I am just hoping that somebody with Platinum status who have cruised recently and had the UDP can confirm that....!:confused:

Edited by TrumpyNOR

I just came over the UDP prices for various cruise lengths (when booking online - the prices might be higher if you purchase the UDP on board):

Item # Description Price

UDP6 per person during cruises of 3 to 6 days $59.00

UDP7 per person during cruises of 7 days $119.00

UDP9 per person during cruises of 8 to 9 days $149.00

UDP10 per person during cruises of 10 to 15 days $199.00

UDP16 per person during cruises of 16 to 25 days $259.00

UDP26 per person during cruises of 26 to 35 days $299.00

UDP36 per person during cruises of 36 to 45 days $349.00

The above prices clearly shows that on some cruise lengths you save much more than other.... Seems to me it would be more fair if they calculated a certain price per day instead of the "block prices". Like it is now, somebody doing a 10 days cruise pay the same as somebody doing a 15 days cruise, and somebody doing a 16 days cruise pays the same as somebody doing 25 days, and so on....

Another question for folks who are Platinum and have the UDP - are your Platinum comps transferable? For our upcoming Breakaway cruise, we have the UDP (for first two passengers) and UBP (for entire cabin) for free from a recent promotion. I am the only person in the cabin who is Platinum. Could our entire cabin go to dinner, my husband and I comped through the UDP and two other passengers in our party use my Platinum perk?

Another question for folks who are Platinum and have the UDP - are your Platinum comps transferable? For our upcoming Breakaway cruise, we have the UDP (for first two passengers) and UBP (for entire cabin) for free from a recent promotion. I am the only person in the cabin who is Platinum. Could our entire cabin go to dinner, my husband and I comped through the UDP and two other passengers in our party use my Platinum perk?

Since you have not gotten any special Platinum discount for your UDP (I understand that you got the UDP through a promotion), then my guess is that you will receive your Platinum perk coupon as usual - not sure if you can transfer it to somebody else instead since it is personal. I don't know whether they actually double-check in the restaurant if the person with the coupon is Platinum or not. But it is worth a shot.... ;)

Edited by TrumpyNOR

There might be something about the perks not being transferrable but we have used the perk so that us two Platinums and two "guests" have eaten at the same time in the same speciality restaurant and we used the two vouchers to cover all four.

ETA: Of course now that I think about it, it can be interpreted like we both had one personal guest and only used our own vouchers. :D

Edited by Demonyte

A friend and I have used another friend's Platinum Dinner for two with a bottle of wine with no problem. This was in December 2013. I had already shared my free dinner for two and the friend who had not used hers let us use it since it was the last day and she didn't feel well. No one said a word about it. This was on the Breakaway at LeBistro. None of us had the UDP but we're hoping to give my kids our certificates in Sept since we already have the UBP and the UDP.

Edited by peg013

The regular price was listed as $149 per person for my 9 day cruise before one of his being Platinum which I guess there would be a $20 discount one of the plans

[quote name='TrumpyNOR']Good question!
For how many days is your cruise? Mine is 7 days, and the price for the UDP that comes up is $119,00 per person. That might be a discounted price, since we are both Platinum, but I am not certain if it comes up automatically with the correct price (but it probably does....).

Does anyone know what the regular price is for the UDP for 7 days?

Thank you! :)[/quote]