Navigator Spring Break Cruise - any experience this?

My sister and her family (husband, 13 yo, 7 yo) went on the Navigator last week for Spring Break. My sister and bil bought the Premium Drink Package for them and the Replenish Package for the kids. The replenish package is suppose to cover sodas, juice, water and mocktails. However, the kids were never able to use their package for a mocktail without paying a $4 upcharge. My sister would have to use her card to get them one, but then would have to wait for awhile to get another drink for the other child (or herself). Also, for the first 5 days, the kids replenish package allowed them to have bottles of water. Then all of a sudden, they wouldn't give them water any more. My sister questioned all of this but they were just told that they were wrong and nothing else was done about it.

I am hoping this is still just them working out the kinks of the new ship, new packages, everyone getting back into the swing of work and that it was spring break, thus very crowded. But I am worried because DH and I are going on the same cruise in November. We really don't drink much and the Replenish Package would be perfect for us (mocktails taste just fine to me!). But if I am not able to utilize the package the way Royal says I should be able to, it will be a waste of money. My sister said to just get the Premium package and not worry about it, but that package doesn't include water and I think I will benefit from the bottles of water more than the alcohol.

Did anyone else experience this last week? What suggestions do you have for me on my cruise so that I can get the ship to honor what the replenish package states it covers? This will only be my 3rd cruise and the first 2 were 7+ years ago! Could really use some advice.

My suggestion, and my own practice, is to print out all the relevant information - such as the drink packages flyer from the website - and then to be polite but FIRM in insisting on what I've paid for, using the printed information if necessary. Unfortunately, based on accounts here, it's obvious that staff are often poorly informed/trained in what the various packages entitle the passengers to.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

The premium package does include bottles of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Should have clarified that I do like sparkling water and that's only available on the replenish. Still water is available on the premium.

We are sailing on the 30th on the Navigator and were considering the Replenish Package for the kids. I noticed that non-alcoholic cocktails were included but that more expensive packages included frozen drinks. Im curious if your sister was trying to get frozen mocktails as opposed to a non-alcoholic beverages.

We are sailing on the 30th on the Navigator and were considering the Replenish Package for the kids. I noticed that non-alcoholic cocktails were included but that more expensive packages included frozen drinks. Im curious if your sister was trying to get frozen mocktails as opposed to a non-alcoholic beverages.

She was trying to get virgin pina coladas, so frozen mocktails. I'm not sure what other type of mocktails there are other than the frozen drinks.

I have emailed Royal Caribbean asking for specifics of what is included in the package. I will take that with me and fight any charges that they try to add on if it comes to that. Seems stupid for me to just pay more to avoid the hassle when I don't need/want the alcohol. Thanks for the help everyone.

I've read several of these discrepancy drink pkg threads. I guess what baffles me is why each package along with the drinks that are included have not been printed and posted at each bar for the waiters to reference when they ring up the drink!?!?! :confused::confused: If there is a list by the cash register when they waiter/waitress go to ring it up it's right there for them to verify. Simple solution. I just don't get it. To me that's a poor management issue.

A part of me says print 15-20 copies of the list in color on thick paper. Make it nice, neat and professional looking. Go and place one at all the bar cash registers the 1st evening of the cruise. They'll think management placed them there and they'll use them. LOL!! :D

Edited by cynt

I've read several of these discrepancy drink pkg threads. I guess what baffles me is why each package along with the drinks that are included have not been printed and posted at each bar for the waiters to reference when they ring up the drink!?!?! :confused::confused: If there is a list by the cash register when they waiter/waitress go to ring it up it's right there for them to verify. Simple solution. I just don't get it. To me that's a poor management issue.

A part of me says print 15-20 copies of the list in color on thick paper. Make it nice, neat and professional looking. Go and place one at all the bar cash registers the 1st evening of the cruise. They'll think management placed them there and they'll use them. LOL!! :D

It's becoming obvious that RCCL is incapable of two things:

1. Operating a half way functional website on a consistent basis.

2. Communicating even the most basic things to their field staff (such as what's included in drink packages).

Of course based on recent threads, maybe #3 is answering the phone in a reasonable amount of time........

We'll be on Jewel in 9 days and are looking forward to it. I've printed numerous things in case I have to "document" what should be included in the replenish package. Ridiculous that people should have to do this.:mad:

Our grandkids were able to get virgin frozen daiquiris and all kinds of frozen drinks they called smoothies. They also got bottled water all week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I had a replenish package on NOS last week (I guess we were on together!). I was able to get mocktails and bottled water all week without an upcharge; I also got Perrier in the MDR without an upcharge.

It's becoming obvious that RCCL is incapable of two things:

1. Operating a half way functional website on a consistent basis.

2. Communicating even the most basic things to their field staff (such as what's included in drink packages).

Of course based on recent threads, maybe #3 is answering the phone in a reasonable amount of time........

We'll be on Jewel in 9 days and are looking forward to it. I've printed numerous things in case I have to "document" what should be included in the replenish package. Ridiculous that people should have to do this.:mad:

Yep, I've been assembling a small file of documents about ALL the packages, which will be with me on future cruises. And you're right, ridiculous that we have to, but it appears to be necessary at this point. :(

I wonder, who did you question it with? Did she speak to the bar manager or guest relations? If the bar manager didn't give her a sufficient answer did she address it with the Food and Beverage manager? Hotel manager?

I would not, under any circumstances, accept the additional charges. I was just on Navigator 2/23 and had the Replenish package. I got frozen mocktails and bottled water without question. I am going to guess that part of the problem is that 1. these packages are new and 2. the ship just went through drydock and they tend to turn over a lot of crew in the weeks after drydock which means some of these crew may not be as familiar as they should be with the new packages.