Brisbane Cruise Terminal

There'll no doubt be a shuttle into the city centre ... plenty to see and do there.

The Info Centre in Queen St Mall is very helpful.

CityCat ferries are cheap and will take you along the Brisbane River from one side of Bne to the other.

South Bank parklands, site of the 1980s World Expo, are well worth a visit.

You could even hop on a train to the Gold Coast for a spot of sightseeing there, too. Regular service, though it does take around 90 minutes all-up because you have to use the local bus from Varsity Station into Surfers Paradise or Southport.

Enjoy!

Dennis Amor

Thanks for the info. After reading some post here on CC I guess that's not a good place to get off. Will RCCL provide some shuttles to and from the city?

Yes, they offer them. It was I think $24 (US) for the round trip.

• 2 weeks later...

The Port for Brisbane is quite a different thing and place to the City of Brisbane -- as are the Ports for cities of Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City, Rome, Paris, Athens, Bruges, London - and quite a few more famous cities.

Some of these Ports have public transport to allow independent travel to and from the associated city - some do not.

The "Grain Wharf" Terminal is an excellent facility- as good as many others that I have seen around the World and better than many others. Cities which have a cruiseship berthing facility in the middle of the City are rare indeed - eg Auckland, San Francisco, Sydney. The reason there is no public transport generally available at the Grain Wharf - even including taxis - is because of the infrequent and irregular use of the Terminal.

Barry

Edited by bazzaw

Thanks for the info, As I am allowed 2 bottles of wine on my Princess cruise without corkage charges, I will buy 6 bottles of wine at the bottle shop before I board (pay $15 corkage for the other 4).

Thanks also to the others who replied to my post, much appreciated :D

I had read this too on Princess Cruise website i'm wondering if this is up to date information for Australian cruises as I think some of the information on the website still pertains to USA / European based cruises. I got caught out with a cruise from Sydney to Melbourne as it was not going into international waters the rules are slightly different on some of the Australian and South Pacific / New Zealand Cruises but it's getting better. Going to call princess to clarify a few things anyway so also ask this question unless anyone has been on one and knows if this was allowed?

Also read the other day that a few of the cruise ships now based in Australia will be trialing or adding drink packages to their cruises? Anyone else know of if any of the cruise lines are doing this out of Australia yet?

Edited by CruisingwithC

Also read the other day that a few of the cruise ships now based in Australia will be trialing or adding drink packages to their cruises? Anyone else know of if any of the cruise lines are doing this out of Australia yet?

RCL and Celebrity offer the standard drinks packages here that they do worldwide.

RCL and Celebrity offer the standard drinks packages here that they do worldwide.

Thanks for that information I rang princess and they said that the alcohol policy is per as the website states can bring on one 750ml bottle of wine per person and each additional bottle bought on board is charges a $15 corkage fee regardless of where it is consumed. They don't offer the drink packages they only offer a soda package.