Can you purchase a strangers photo?

Princess Ariel

While on a cruise last week we were looking through the photos and we overheard an interesting conversation. There was a group of guys looking at a very pretty girls candid pool photos, one of just her and one of her and a friend. One said that he was going to purchase the photos to show his buddies back home. They clearly did not know the individuals on the pictures.

That got me to thinking. Can anyone purchase any of the photos on board? These girls may have wanted to purchase the photos for themselves and would never had the chance to look at/purchase them if these guys actually bought the pics. I am not sure if they bought them or not as we moved on.

No, they don't care who's photos you purchase. My husband purchased pics of our daughter, plus individual photos of my nieces and nephews that were traveling with us. No one questioned why he was buying photos of 5 different kids. I did find it a little unsettling. How did they know he wasn't some kind of creeper?

Edited by irishnyc

one formal night, one of my friends travelling with us and i were both wearing our dress kilts... had a group of ladies that wanted their pic taken with us...I never saw the pic, so I presumed one of them bought it...

I really wish they went digital so that if someone else buys your pics you can still see them and have the option of buying them yourselves.

Me too. I would hate to think that this young girl's photo would end up on some questionable website.

While it seems a little creepy, it's really no different than using your own camera to snap pictures of strangers. You don't need permission to take someone's photo in a public place (although they might not be happy about it!)

Me too. I would hate to think that this young girl's photo would end up on some questionable website.

I used to work with a guy who was nice enough but kind of nerdy. He used to have this picture of a very pretty girl on his desk and claimed it was some girl he knows who lived in the next state , not really a girlfriend but a "friend with benefits"

He would mention he would spend weekends with her and go on trips. Though he never did bring her around to any of our functions ...and we had alot.

One day another co worker comes in a tells us they were in the store in the picture frame aisle and what the hell do you think they see . The same exact picture of this girl in one of the frames *LOL*

This guy took the picture out of a frame , cut it to get rid of the labeling and all and put it in a smaller frame to make it look like areal picture.

It takes all kinds

Yes, it IS creepy. And if anyone, male or female, can't see that, well, then I'm not sure what to think!

Last cruise, I was getting photos taken (I very rarely ever have them taken and purchase them even more rarely but I'd bought something in Antigua and was wearing it). Anyway, this man was standing there watching and simply walked up, told the photographer he wanted his pic taken with me, and I was so surpirsed I just said, uh, ok. Yeah, I guess.

He then asked if I was single and would I like to go have a drink because he likes tall women (I'm 5'10"). Yes, I'm single and no, I wouldn't like to go have a drink, thanks! :eek:

A couple of days later, I went and found the pics of the two of us and put them in the trash. I most definitely did NOT want this guy buying them.

Yes, it IS creepy. And if anyone, male or female, can't see that, well, then I'm not sure what to think!

Last cruise, I was getting photos taken (I very rarely ever have them taken and purchase them even more rarely but I'd bought something in Antigua and was wearing it). Anyway, this man was standing there watching and simply walked up, told the photographer he wanted his pic taken with me, and I was so surpirsed I just said, uh, ok. Yeah, I guess.

He then asked if I was single and would I like to go have a drink because he likes tall women (I'm 5'10"). Yes, I'm single and no, I wouldn't like to go have a drink, thanks! :eek:

A couple of days later, I went and found the pics of the two of us and put them in the trash. I most definitely did NOT want this guy buying them.

Hate to burst your bubble, but he could still buy that picture if he really wanted it.

This past February on our Breeze cruise we searched high and lo for over an hour for a pic of DD coming off the ship in Coz with the prettily dressed women. We could not find it anywhere.

I finally went to the desk to ask for help and the photographer pulled out an album of all the thumbnail photos from disembarking in Coz. Took a while looking through that, but it was found, reprinted and purchased the next day. Still don't know if someone else purchased it, or it was accidentally tossed, but they can be reprinted without it being out for display....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app via my iPad, pardon the typos!

I have done this before.. there was a honeymooning couple at our table and

I purchased one of their photo's for a surprised gift for them..

they were very shocked and surprised that someone they just met that week would do something so nice for them...

Since when has Carnival been taking Pics by the pool? I have never seen that before.

I also have never seen this before. Please tell me we are not moving toward the Sports Illustrated/Carnival Swim Suit Edition..... Lawdy, I haven't the strength......

Lisa

Since when has Carnival been taking Pics by the pool? I have never seen that before.

We were on the Inspiration and they were taking pictures all around the lido and by the Waterworks area before sail away. They actually had a lot of cool pics on this cruise that were candid and not the normal posed background shots.

We actually bought one of my husband with a good friend of ours that was taken by the waterworks.

I also have never seen this before. Please tell me we are not moving toward the Sports Illustrated/Carnival Swim Suit Edition..... Lawdy, I haven't the strength......

Lisa

It was very much that way. Girl was in a tiny bikini and had both the body and the confidence to wear it :) , which is why it was drawing so much attention.